To start the New Year, every day in January we will be publishing another section of our 300 Greatest Films Ever Made List. This list was compiled over a two-year period using a variety of criteria, including--popularity, critical response, box office take, influence, originality and awards won. Thanks to all the people who helped in making this list by giving their feedback over blogs and hubs during the period it was being compiled. And now, on with the list…
300) KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS (1949) Robert Hamer BRITISH
299) THE GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING (2003) Peter Webber BRITISH
298) THE GREEN MILE (1999) Frank Darabont USA
297) THE MATRIX (1999) The Wachowski Brothers USA
296) THE RED SHOES (1948) Michael Powell BRITISH
295) THE RIGHT STUFF (1983) Philip Kaufman USA
294) BLOW UP (1966) Michelangelo Antonioni BRITISH/ITALIAN
293) CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON (2000) Ang Lee HONG KONG/TAIWAN
292) GREED (1925) Eric Von Stroheim USA Silent
291) HALLOWEEN (1978) John Cartenter USA
Numbers 290-281 next....
Rob Young is a freelance writer/editor and a walking encyclopedia of movie and TV trivia.