New additions are being made to the uber popular app, Pokemon Go. New Pokemon, Gear, and Features are on their way. Come inside to learn more about what the new updates will be!
Finally! Niantic and Game Freak are adding more content to their once-booming app, Pokemon Go. Later this week, an update will download an array of Gen 2 Pokemon, from the Johto Region! Pokemon like the water-crocodile Totodile, the blazing fire Pokemon Cyndaquil, and the grass-type potato-shaped Chikorita will be debuting, along with 80 of their Johto brethren.
However, that's just one part of the exciting new features Niantic has been working on. Using pokemongolive.com, the developers of the app released a list chalk-full of new content for Pokemon Go!
- Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in thePokémon GoldandPokémon Silvervideo games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.
- New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.
- New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!
- New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you’ll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.
- New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.
Fans of the app have been crying out for new Pokemon since a few months after the release of Pokemon Go. Throughout 2016, rumors swirled about the update coming late fall, early winter, beginning of 2017, etc. Turns out, they were off by a few months.
Now, while the news is exciting and will provide a nice boost in average daily users, it likely won't have the same impact that the initial release had. It wouldn't be fair to put those standards on this new update, either. The first release blew up the world, this update will likely re-claim a few of the users that stopped hunting.
The next big update for Pokemon Go will appear later this week.