The mutants are back on the gridiron, but this time they are headed to PS4 and XBox One console systems. join the Mutant Humans, Orcs, Aliens, Skeletons and other monsters on the field. Are you ready for some Mutant Football League?
If this game sounds familiar to you thats because it is. Back in 1993 EA released Mutant League Football on the Sega Genesis (and later in 2006 for the PlayStation Portable). The game was designed using the Madden '93 engine and you could play the wonderful game of Football with a twist. Cheating, Bribing the ref, killing the ref and/or other players, were perfectly acceptable in this game and I must say I won every game I played by killing so many players from the other team they had to forfiet the game.
Now indie company, Digital Dreams Entertainment is bringing Mutant Football League, the "spiritual" successor to Mutant League Football to consoles January 19, 2018. Digital dreams, led by Michael Mendheim, designer of the original 1993 original Mutant League, has given in to the pleas (and some threats) from fans of the game and will release the game for the PlayStation 4 and X-Box one system later this month. The game has already been available for Windows on the Steam Store since October 2017.
Football fans and gamers will experience deep strategic 7-on-7 arcade-style gameplay, bone-crunching and tooth-shattering hits, plus a roster of comical ghouls delivering tongue-through-cheek humor. Oh, and-of course-blood. Lots of blood.
Mutant Football League features legendary voice-over actor Tim Kitzrow; best known for his work in one of the great classic sports games of all time, NBA Jam, with such memorable sound bites as "He's on fire!" and "Boomshakalaka!" A few MFL refs were bribed to guarantee the commentary of Mutant Football League on PS4 and Xbox One remained as foul-mouthed as the original smash hit PC version. It's like Conker's Bad Fur Day for sports fans! However, don't worry... there is an option to turn off the expletives in case small children or Republican senators are in the room.
some other features you can look forward to in the game are:
- Mutants, Monsters, and More: Choose from 18 blood-thirsty, wisecracking teams including the Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, and Monstrous Orcs.
- Gridiron Carnage: Players inflict maximum carnage on the opposition with brass-knuckle punches, steel-toed kicks, hand grenades, clubs, battle axes, chainsaws, and more. Exploding body parts, comically horrific deaths, and blood splatters fuel the MFL visual experience.
- Down 'n' Dirty: Use dirty tricks during gameplay to "Bribe the Ref", throw bombs, or equip weapons to inflict maximum carnage for real game-changing moments!
- Full Season Mode and More: Dive into Exhibition, Practice, and Playoff games, or try and survive the Full Season grind to reach the ultimate showdown: The Mayhem Bowl!
- Killer Stadiums: The 18 unique playfields are filled with diabolical and dangerous traps and hazards - including explosive landmines, buzz saws, toxic moats, lava flows, and crazed fans cheering on their favorite murderous squad.
- Multiplayer Madness: Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives offers the choice to clobber opponents or team up with friends to crush opposing miscreants!
Digital Dreams just made my first game purchase of 2018 very easy!