Ubisoft is already planning for life after Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's release date! They've changed their Season Pass layout so you'll never stop creating your Odyssey. Details within...
If there is one thing Ubisoft has over a lot of other developers, it's forethought. When they create a game, often times they consider the question, "What's next?". That question tends to lead them to building, crafting, and innovating Post-launch content gamers can enjoy for life of the game. They did it with For Honor, Mario + Rabbids, and even the most recent Assassin's Creed game, Origins. Now, the post-launch party comes to Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, and as a mythology buff with Greek blood coursing through my veins, it's got me very excited.
To recap, Ubisoft will be releasing two DLC Story Arcs that will encompass 3 episodes, each, in six week increments with the first releasing December 2018, starting with Legacy of the First Blade. In between that time, Ubisoft plans on releasing free content between episodes so there is always something new to experience year-round. Plus, as an added bonus, Season Pass owners will receive a free copy of Assassin's Creed III Remastered and Liberation Remastered. For $39.99, that's actually a heck of a deal.
Below is a breakdown for everything part of the Season Pass:
- Story Arc 1 - Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II - The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin born of the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody revolution draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include:
- All the DLCs: Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- The Remastered editions will feature 4K and & HDR on PS4™ Pro, Xbox One X and PC, higher resolution textures, new graphics engine, and several more other graphical enhancements. Gameplay mechanics and ergonomics have also been improved.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be sold as a stand-alone title for players who don’t own the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass.
- Assassin’s Creed® III Liberation Remastered: Originally released as a PlayStation®Vita exclusive, Assassin’s Creed III Liberation has been remastered for PlayStation®4 systems, Xbox One and PC in full HD. Follow Aveline’s story as she battles Spanish forces in the American south to win freedom for her land and people. Embark on an epic journey that will take her from the crowded streets of New Orleans to voodoo-haunted swamps and ancient Mayan ruins.
The Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan and Pantheon Editions and is also available for purchase separately for $39.99.
For the full Free Content breakdown, see below:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool will let players explore the game world in a conflict-free environment and learn about Ancient Greece’s monuments, culture and history.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defy and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
Ubisoft is changing the way they release their Post-Launch content, by making it episodic, and I have to say, I like it. It's a smart way to maintain gamers, especially during the slower weeks of new game releases. With an episodic release schedule, gamers can continuously come back to Odyssey to continue their invested adventure.
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey releases October 5, 2018! Gold, Collectors and Ultimate Editions owners will have access to the game three days early, starting October 2.