Don't you just love when old games are given a new breath of life on new systems? It's great to see old games coming back around and being playable for the old and new audience alike. The Settlers is getting this treatment with each game in the series and their respective DLCs included in one convenient package called The Settlers History Collection.
Ubisoft announced the release of The Settlers® History Collection for Windows PC on Uplay. Developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte, The Settlers History Collection contains all seven main titles of the strategy build-up series, along with all expansions. Every game has received updates to run on modern PCs with Windows 10 support as well as other improvements to the original versions. The Settlers History Collection is available digitally on Uplay, and each game can also be purchased individually.
Developed by Blue Byte and created by Volker Wertich, The Settlers games have allowed millions of players worldwide to experience the brand-defining “wuselig” feeling of the world of The Settlers. Each game requires players to establish and grow a medieval-themed town by creating production chains for goods and by exploring and conquering new territories. A reboot of The Settlers game will also be released in the fall of 2019.
The Settlers History Collection includes the following games:
• The Settlers (1993) History Edition – Turn back the clock 25 years and relive the fascination of this gaming classic! This edition includes the base game with improvements such as Windows 10 support, different game speed options and classic RTS controls.
• The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici (1996) History Edition – As leader of the Romans, you take over the responsibility for the fate of your people. This edition includes the base game and The Settlers II Mission CD. Improvements include Windows 10 support, auto save, 4K support, mouse, keyboard and controller support for split-screen mode.
• The Settlers III (1998) History Edition – A strategy-filled fantasy civilization simulation in which your industrious subjects construct buildings, produce goods and conquer new lands. This edition includes The Settlers III, The Settlers III Mission CD and the expansion pack Quest of the Amazons. Improvements include Windows 10 support, auto save, 4K support, dual monitor support and online multiplayer via Uplay.
• The Settlers IV (2001) History Edition – Choose one of four playable groups – the Romans, the Vikings, the Mayans or the Trojans – to face the threat of the Dark Tribe. This edition includes The Settlers IV, The Settlers IV Mission CD and the add-on The Settlers IV – The Trojans and the Elixir of Power. Improvements include Windows 10 support, auto save, 4K support, dual monitor support and online multiplayer via Uplay.
• The Settlers: Heritage of Kings (2005) History Edition – Dive into enthralling build-up matches and real-time fights, as manifold landscapes await to be explored and populated. This edition includes the main game plus both expansions. Improvements include Windows 10 support and online multiplayer via Uplay.
• The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (2007) History Edition – Build vibrant cities in a medieval world. Increase the wealth of your empire and to go down in history as a legendary king. This edition includes the main game and the expansion The Eastern Realm. Improvements include Windows 10 support and online multiplayer via Uplay.
• The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom (2010) History Edition – Experience the new world of Settlers – in the midst of green forests and lush meadows, it will bustle again. Whether as a well-read scientist, crafty merchant or brave general, it is up to you to build a prosperous kingdom with power and prestige. This edition includes the main game and all available DLCs. Improvements include Windows 10 support and permanent Internet connection no longer required.