Ubisoft is going all-in on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 with a full year's worth of free content! More within...
We're just a few weeks away until Tom Clancy's The Division 2 releases and, thankfully, Ubisoft is already looking to the year ahead. That's because Ubisoft wants gamers to continue the fight to liberate our nation's capital throughout the rest of 2019. In a new trailer, Ubisoft has detailed their roadmap for post-launch content throughout 2019, which will include a new stronghold, 3 episodes to finish the Division 2 story, and for the first time ever an 8-player Raid. The best part about it, it's all free.
With a full year of FREE content, including new campaigns, specializations, game modes and more, The Division 2’s post launch content will keep you entertained for a long time to come. Plus, with the Year 1 Pass, you’ll enjoy early access to it all.
While most publishers hide their DLC behind Season Passes and price tags, Ubisoft has decided to impart their content completely free of charge. Here is what you can expect and when you can expect it all to release.
- Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
However, if you're one of those who can't wait to get their hands on all the amazing new content, Ubisoft does have a Season Pass, of sorts. Their pass is called the Year 1 Pass ($39.99) and it will give Division 2 fans access to the new Episodes 7 days before they're supposed to release. Here's everything else it includes:
- 7-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release
- 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties,
As Ubisoft prepares to launch Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on March 15, 2019 for Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC, there's a lot to be excited for. It's clear that they're committed to making the Division 2 a game worth coming back to for the next year and beyond. Only time will tell if they'll accomplish that feat. Although, if you want to get a taste for the game before it's release, March 1-4, Ubisoft will be hosting an Open Beta for highly-anticipated sequel.
See you in D.C. agents.