Disney’s The Lone Ranger comes to DVD and Blu-ray December 17! This new take on the Masked Rider of the Plains wasn’t quite the box office hit Disney was hoping for, but Cinelinx movie critic Eric Shirey gave it a positive review. You can decide for yourself when Armie Hammer and Johnny Depp bring the adventure home just in time for Christmas! The Blu-ray will include a number of special features, as detailed below.
Here are the details straight from Disney:
Synopsis: Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer star in The Lone Ranger, from Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. It’s a wild ride of high velocity action, explosions and gunfights that brings the famed masked legend to life through brand-new eyes. The Lone Ranger (Hammer), the last of his kind, teams with Tonto (Depp), a dark and mysterious vigilante, to seek vengeance after justice has failed them. It’s a runaway train of epic surprises, as these two unlikely heroes must learn to work together before the ultimate showdown between good and evil explodes.
Cast: Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Alice in Wonderland) as Tonto, Armie Hammer (The Social Network, Mirror Mirror) as John Reid/Lone Ranger, Helena Bonham Carter (Fight Club, The Kings Speech) as Red Harrington, Tom Wilkinson (Batman Begins, Michael Clayton) as Latham Cole, Ruth Wilson (Anna Karenina, Capturing Mary) as Rebecca Reid, William Fichtner (Black Hawk Down, The Dark Knight) as Butch Cavendish.
Director: Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
Screenplay: Justin Haythe (Revolutionary Road, Snitch), Ted Elliott (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise) & Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
Release Date: December 17, 2013
Bonus Features: (BD, DVD, Select Digital retailers)
- Blooper Reel (RT 4:12) – BD, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Deleted Scene – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Riding The Rails Of The Lone Ranger (RT: 10:36) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only – For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. See the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and important part of The Lone Ranger.
- Armies’s Western Road Trip (RT: 14:28) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only – Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger) takes viewers on a tour of the scenic locations the production shot in as we see and learn more about the amazing places he went to become The Lone Ranger.
- Becoming A Cowboy (RT: 8:02) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only – Before the cast began shooting the film, they had to learn how to shoot a gun…and ride a horse. In this piece we follow the cowboy (and cowgirl) cast to boot camp, where they got a chance to experience what their characters would really be living like in the Wild West.
Rating: PG-13 For Sequences Of Intense Action and Violence, and Some Suggestive Material
Feature Run Time: 2 hrs. 29 min.
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Dolby Digital Surround Sound
Languages: English, French & Spanish
Subtitles: English, French & Spanish