Welcome back for another edition of News Bits. What is it you ask? The film world can get quite overwhelming at times in the news that releases. Unfortunately some of this news is just too small to warrant a full article. Rather than deprive you of the news, we've created this section. This week in news bits we've got comic books, Comic-Con, trailers, and funny pictures.
First I need to apologize for being so late with this! With all of the new going's on with TMP this sort of fell on the back burner. However, we're back now with more news for you!
* Hugh Jackman let it slip that The Wovlerine (now with James Mangold at the helm) will start shooting this October, with a release probably sometime in 2012. It's not exactly official, but still neat for the fanboys.
* This hilarious picture, sets down proof that Dark Knight Rises will suck...
* Going to SDCC this year? We are, but let's not rub it in. Well, if you are, you may just see a walking protest at the convention center, from angry fans protesting the upcoming DC Universe reboot/relaunch. Here's their reasoning:
Are you utterly baffled, disappointed and just ANGRY to see how DC ruins your favorite character’s design and wipes decades of comic history out of the mainstream universe? Well, you’re not alone! And why not make some noise at the biggest pop-culture event this year, where creators, artists and writers appear in person – show them how fans – the fans of the classic characters, the (nevertheless slightly changing) designs, the character’s history and personality – really feel about it!
* ComingSoon got this pretty bad ass looking new international poster for Captain America. To me, it's got a very retro feel and it seems a perfect fit. Wish we would have seen this poster earlier.
* MGM and Newline Cinema have released a couple brand new pictures from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, this time without Bilbo or Gandalf in sight! The first picture features the dwarf brothers Dori, Nori, and Ori. The second one features Oin and Gloin (Gloin is Gimli's father by the way).
* The official poster for Lars van Trier's Melancholia (a very messed up, but awesome looking film) has been released. Sadly, the poster really doesn't give you any clue that this is an end of the world movie.
* The first trailer for the Warner Bros. next straight to DVD animated comic book movie, Batman: Year One, has finally dropped...And it looks awesome. Personally I've really loved their animated films and hope they keep it up.
* We already know people are going crazy for the final Harry Potter, but check out this weird costume guy spotted at the London Premiere that BuzzFeed spotted.
* The UK Amazon has given fans the first look at the Star Wars Blu-Ray disc art and art book. (Thanks to TheForce.Net for the find)
* Even though it's still a week away from theaters, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is already selling out. EW has learned that more than 2000 screenings are already sold out for opening day. Sold out completely. On top of that Fandango has already announced that Part 2 is "the fastest-selling title of the year so far."
* The filmmakers behind Zombie Drugs (who were gracious enough to give us an interview in the past) have hooked us up with not 1, but 2 new trailers for the film.
Sponsor: Cinelinx: A Card Game For People Who Love Movies. Cinelinx is the perfect way to test your movie knowledge and challenge your friends.