Welcome back for another edition of News Bits. What is it you ask? The film world can get quite overwhelming at times in the news that releases. Unfortunately some of this news is just too small to warrant a full article. Rather than deprive you of the news, we've created this section. This week in news bits we’ve got trailers, posters, clips, and lots more!
* The Lone Ranger (which has been plagued with problems) recently had another issue when a couple days ago, Dwight Yoakam, who was portraying the villain, left the production. Not to fear though, word has just come down from Deadline that William Fichtner will now take up the villain role...I'd say a step up.
* Disney has released what they're calling a new trailer for Pixar's Brave...but it's really a two and a half minute clip from the film. Oh, and it's pretty damn awesome.
* Speaking of Pixar, Disney sent us two new clips from the upcoming short film La Luna, which will be attached to Brave. The first one is above, and the other you can find on our YouTube page.
* IMAX released this swanky new banner for The Hunger Games.
* MTV posted a list of 6 sequels that Nicolas Cage needs to make immediately.
* This was too awesome not to share. ForeverGeek has a handful of movie posters...if they had been made in a different decade.
* Apparently as part of Cartoon Network's DC Nation line-up, Lauren Faust (the creator of My Little Pony) is making a series of shorts called, Super Best Friends Forever...about the teenage super women. The first look is above.
* Andrew Garfield recently talked about The Amazing Spider-Man and says they aren't going for the 'gritty' feel:
"We haven't gone for gritty, we've gone for grounded. If we try and make Batman, we'll fail. The new Batman is it's own thing - and also in terms of tone, Spider-Man is nothing like that character. Spider-Man is witty, Spider-Man is a kid, Spider-Man wants to have fun, he's a teenager and he needs to go through first love and piss around."
* Jai Courtney has been cast as John McClane's (Bruce Willis) son in A Good Day to Die Hard. The image above is from the screen test that scored Jai Courtney the role, and NOT from the set.
* Check out the new theatrical trailer for American Reunion.
A film/video editor at heart, Jordan dips his hands in many areas of filmmaking, including producing and VFX. On top of that he's a huge nerd and cartoonist, though you shouldn't hold that against him. He's been writing on the film industry for a number of years now and has had his worked featured on a number of other major film sites.
Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow him on Twitter: @JordanMaison