Welcome back for another edition of News Bits. What is it you ask? The film world can get quite overwhelming at times in the news that releases. Unfortunately some of this news is just too small to warrant a full article. Rather than deprive you of the news, we've created this section. This week in news bits Captain America 2 gets a pair of directors, Samuel L. Jackson is gearing up for a reboot movie, new images, when the next Terminator movie will take place, and tons more!
* Shannon Ocean created these ultra cool LEGO Aliens bookends.
* Arnold Schwarzenegger had a talk with Action Effects and confirmed that he's been signed on for not one, but two, more Terminator films. He also says that the fifth film WILL be a follow up to Salvation:
“I can’t say to much they want it held in secret if you know what I mean, but I will say that next year I will start filming it and it’s going to be one of the hardest films I have ever done I can tell you that already for sure”, Schwarzenegger said “… they have six months set aside just for filming, so I will be training and getting into the best physical shape I possibly can before filming starts. It does follow Salvation although some of the producers and franchise owner were not too happy about the job McG did with it but they felt it was good enough to continue on and they want the fifth and sixth installments to be the closing of the franchise.”
* Two new stills from Resident Evil: Retribution have popped up.
* Watch the latest clip from The Amazing Spider-Man.
* Joe and Anthony Russo (Community) are now in final negotiations to co-direct Captain America 2.
* Our friends over at CinemaBlend have an excellent run down on everything you need to know about the Alien universe before seeing Prometheus.
* Check out this bad ass Game of Thrones replica. If you've got $30,000 it can be yours!
* Latest clip from Pixar's Brave.
* John Lasseter has confirmed that two, thirty-minute TV specials for Toy Story are coming in 2013 and 2014.
* Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as some sort of media mogul in the upcoming Robocop reboot.
* For some inexplicable reason, a reboot of Police Academy is really happening. New Line has hired the writer of The Break-Up, Jeremy Garelick, to pen the script.
* This actually came out with the Justice League news we reported on, but it'll fit just fine here too. Apparently Michael Goldenberg, the writer of the Green Lantern movie, is also writing the Wonder Woman script. That's bad news for me, since most of my problems with the film stemmed from the story...
A film/video editor at heart, Jordan dips his hands in many areas of filmmaking, including producing and VFX. On top of that he's a huge nerd and cartoonist, though you shouldn't hold that against him. He's been writing on the film industry for a number of years now and has had his worked featured on a number of other major film sites.
Email him at: email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter: @JordanMaison