This week's News Bits, which collects the smaller news pieces and interesting articles from all over the net, features a release date change, a powerful editorial, and some other juicy nerd tid-bits.
* The upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot (which just cast Megan Fox as April O'Neil) has been pushed back again. Originally the film was set to hit around Christmas time of this year, but got pushed to May of 2014. Now it's been moved again, but only a couple weeks (likely so it won't be competing with Godzilla). Ninja Turtles will hit theaters on June 6, 2014.
* Our buds over at SlashFilm wrote a very interesting article about how Disney should consider remaking the Star Wars Prequels. He even breaks down the best way to do so. Worth the read.
* Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired the North American rights to About Sunny, starring Lauren Ambrose. The film will be released on VOD and digital platforms on March 19th.
* Need more James Bond in your life? MGM/FOX has now opened up Skyfall Lodge which features behind the scenes videos and stills.
* Jason Clarke (who has been cast in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) gave a brief hint as to his role in the film on the Oscar's red carpet.
* Kevin Heffernan of Broken Lizard says they are close to getting Super Troopers 2 done, and hopes to film this year:
There will be a Super Troopers sequel. We put it off for a while and then came back to it. We wrote the script and handed it in to Fox and now we’re just negotiating the time and the place and hopefully shoot it some time this year. I have to start growing my mustache now.
* John C. Reilly, a frequent collaborator of Will Ferrell, has just been cast in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
* The Star Wars blu-ray trilogies are getting these awesome steel-book packaging for a limited time.
* Set photos from Amazing Spider-Man 2 of Shailene Woodley have leaked on the internet, and ridiculous fanboys have not been kind. Calling her ulgy and "not hot enough" to play Mary Jane Watson. It's stupid, especially since we're talking about an underage girl (should we really be talking about how hot she is anyway?). Anyway, CinemaBlend did an excellent write up and rebuttal to those naysayers.
* Collider has a great extended trailer for the upcoming Hannibal TV series.
A film/video editor at heart, Jordan dips his hands in many areas of filmmaking, including producing and VFX. On top of that he's a huge nerd and cartoonist, though you shouldn't hold that against him. He's been writing on the film industry for a number of years now and has had his worked featured on a number of other major film sites.
Email him at: email@example.com
Follow him on Twitter: @JordanMaison