9) ROBERT ENGLUND: He made a name for himself as the burnt-faced dream demon Freddy Kruger. His body of horror work includes…A Nightmare On Elm Street, ANOES 2: Freddy’s Revenge, ANOES 3: Dream Warriors, ANOES 4: The Dream Master, ANOES 5: The Dream Child, Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare, Wes Craven’s New Nightmare, Freddy Vs. Jason, The Phantom of the Opera, Nightmare Café, Night Terrors, Mortal Fear, The Mangler, Urban Legend, Sanitarium, The Funhouse Massacre, etc.
8) JAMIE LEE CURTIS: The woman who created the trend of females being the hero in horror films. She fought Michael Myers but then moved on to other horror projects, such as…Halloween; Halloween 2, Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Halloween Resurrection, The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, Scream Queens
7) LON CHANEY SR. The Original horror star. During the silent era, he was the screen’s best boogie man. His horror work includes…Phantom of the Opera, London After Midnight, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Unholy Three, the Monster, the Unknown, Flesh & Blood, etc.
6) VINCENT PRICE: Suave and cool, he was just as comfortable in a horror movie as he was in a regular drama. Among his horror movies are…The Tower of London, the Invisible Man Returns, Shock, House of Wax, the Mad Magician, the Fly, the House on Haunted Hill, Return of the Fly, the Tingler, the Bat, the House of Usher, the Pit & the Pendulum, Tales of Terror, the Last Man of Earth, the Masque of the Red Death, the Oblong Box, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Dr. Phibes Rises again, etc.
5) LON CHANEY JR. The son of the silent era’s top horror actor, he became a huge star by playing the Wolf Man in multiple films. His film resume includes…The Wolfman, the Ghost of Frankenstein, the Mummy’s Tomb, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, the Son of Dracula, Calling Dr. Death, Cobra Woman, the Mummy’s Ghost, House of Frankenstein, the Mummy’s Curse, the House of Dracula, the Black Castle, the Alligator People. Etc.
4) PETER CUSHING: Before he became Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars, he was a living legend of the horror industry. Among his notable works in horror are…The Curse of Frankenstein, the Abominable Snowman, the Horror of Dracula, the Revenge of Frankenstein, the Mummy, the Flesh and the Fiends, the Brides of Dracula, the Hellfire Club, Night Creatures, the Evil of Frankenstein, the Gorgon, Dr. Terror’s House of Horrors, the Skull, Island of Terror, Frankenstein Created Woman, the Blood Beast Terror, Frankenstein Must be Destroyed, Scream & Scream Again, Incense for the Damned, Vampire Lovers, Dracula AD 1972, Tales from the Crypt, Horror Express, the Creeping Flesh, the Satanic Rites of Dracula, etc.
3) CHRISTOPHER LEE : His long career allowed him to be in many popular franchises but he made his reputation as a prominant horror movie actor. His works include…The Curse of Frankenstein, the Horror of Dracula, Corridors of Blood, the Man Who Could Cheat Death, the Mummy, the Two Faces of Doctor Jekyll, the City of the Dead, the Hands of Orlac, Scream of Fear, Horror Castle, Crypt of the Vampire, Castle of the Living Dead, the Gorgon, Dr. Terror’s House of Horrors, the Skull, Dracula: Prince of Darkness, the Psycho Circus, Blood Fiend, the Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, the Oblong Box, Scream and Scream Again, Count Dracula, the Scars of Dracula, the House that Dripped Blood, Dracula AD 1972, Horror Express, the Creeping Flesh, the Satanic Rites of Dracula, the Wicker Man, etc.
2) BELA LUGOSI: More than any other actor, his entire career has been almost entirely within the horror genre. He has a huge resume of genre projects. Among his best known are…Dracula, White Zombie, Murderers in the Rue Morgue, Island of Lost Souls, Night of Terror, the Black Cat, Mark of the Vampire, the Raven, the Invisible Ray, the Son of Frankenstein, the Gorilla, the Phantom Creeps, Black Friday, the Devil Bat, the Wolf Man, the Ghost of Frankenstein, the Corpse Vanishes, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, Return of the Vampire, the Body Snatcher, etc.
1) BORIS KARLOFF: The king of horror! No one was better at being spooky than the great Karloff. He’s made a lot of great horror flicks. Among his projects are…Frankenstein, the Old Dark House, the Mummy, the Ghoul, the Black Cat, the Bride of Frankenstein, the Raven, the Black Room, the Invisible Ray, the Walking Dead, the Man Who Lived Again, the Invisible Menace, Devil’s Island, the Man They Could Not Hang, Tower of London, Son of Frankenstein, Isle of the Dead, Bedlam, the Body Snatcher, the House of Frankenstein, etc.