All of this information is coming from Cosmic Book News, and as I said, it’s all rumor right now; so be sure to take it all with a grain of salt. Even if these rumors are spot on, with no director attached yet, nothing is set in stone and can always change. CBN has new details featuring a full roster for the Justice League and some descriptions of their characters in this adaptation. Here’s what they found:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Could be interesting to see some cameos, especially if they are continuing on from the other franchises (as has also been rumored). Personally, I’m not sold on this news just yet. It sounds like a lot of characters to bring in all at once and way too much for one movie. It sounds overloaded, and I hope WB has learned their lesson on that by now.
On top of that, as I said, the script is still being worked on and now director is attached to the film yet. There is a ton of stuff that can change from now until the movie goes into production. While this list may be entirely accurate, it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Oh well, as hungry as people are for any new related to this film, hopefully we’re start receiving official info soon.
Justice League is slated for a 2015 release date.