Well, the time has finally come and the good folks at Disney have given us a few pieces of information about the upcoming Disney Plus service. So let’s get to dropping the news on all the good stuff they shared at the Investor Day 2019 meeting.
First of all, I’m not gonna beat around the bush like they did. Disney+ release date is November 12, 2019 and the price of the service will be $6.99 a month or $69.99 annual cost.
Ok let’s run down the huge list of things you’ll be getting for $7 dollars a month
- Shows will be downloadable, so all content from the service can be accessed offline!
- Captain Marvel will be available on day one.
- you can make your dream profile by building your own custom avatar with characters from our library! It will also come with customized settings and individual profiles! So the kids will be limited to just kids shows.
- you’ll be able to watch the entire 13 movie Signature Collection on the first day of launch.
- All Pixar films Including all Pixar theatrical shorts will be available at launch!
- Toy Story’s newest star in Forky in Forky Asks A Question, a series of Pixar shorts. Also from Toy Story, Bo Peep will have her very own Pixar short, Lamp Life.
- Based on Monster Inc. Sully and Mike return for Monsters at Work
- Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany star as Wanda Maximoff and The Vision in a new series, WandaVision.
- Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are teaming up in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
- What if TV show will reimagine key events of the MCU first episodes will be ‘what if Peggy Carter took the super soldier serum’ and ‘What if Steve Rogers piloted Howard Starks powered iron suit during WW2’
- 10 years of interviews and clips from your favorite Marvel movies from Iron man to Avengers: Endgame in 2 Disney Plus exclusive shows Marvel 616, and Hero Project.
- All Star Wars films will roll out within the first year.
- Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk are joining forces once again for a new show based on Cassian Andor and K-2SO
- The Mandalorian, the first ever live-action Star Wars series, premieres at launch.
- Clone Wars series returns
- Disney’s extensive movie library is endlessly enchanting: Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland (2010), and much more will all be available launch day.
- For Christmas, we will see Noelle, starring Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader, and more.
- The new Disney original film Timmy Failure, directed by Academy Award winner Tom McCarthy, will be on Disney plus in the first year
- Togo, a new original film starring Willem Dafoe, tells the real-life tale of a man and his lead sled dog’s incredible journey through the Alaskan tundra.
- A Live-action Lady and the Tramp will be ready at launch!
- More than 250 hours of content from National Geographic, Including Academy Award winner Free Solo!
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, from NatGeo, premieres on Disney Plus at launch.
- 5,000 episodes of Disney Channel content and 100 Disney Channel Original Movies will be available launch day
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie, a new animated adventure, will be coming exclusively to Disney Plus.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- In year one, you’ll be able to rediscover more than 7,500 episodes and 500 films from the Disney library.
- The Simpsons will be making Disney Plus their exclusive home for streaming, starting at launch.
100’s of movies and TV shows on day one from Disney, completely ad-free and paying the annual price comes out to roughly $5.84 a month this really is a no brainer. November can’t get here soon enough.