Square Enix announced at their E3 press conference on Monday that players will have a chance to try out Dragon Quest Builders 2 before it launches in July on the PlayStation 4.
Square Enix showcased a trailer that highlighted new mechanics and tools for players to build and havest with, locations and biomes to explores, along with some combat.
The game launches July 12, and the demo will be available to download starting June 27.
Square Enix also announced bonuses for players that have played the original and/or pre-order the game. If you have a save from Dragon Quest Builders, you will receive a classic builders outfit from the original title and the obstinate Dragonlord’s Throne recipe.
- All pre-orders will receive a recipe for an in-game medicinal herb decoration, a Dragon Quest logo decoration, and a chimera wing decoration.
- Physical pre-orders will receive an adorable magnet sheet featuring the heroes, building blocks, and iconic slimes at participating retailers.
- Digital pre-orders will receive in-game sigil block recipes for players looking to decorate their buildings with icons denoting the sun, stars, moon, water and soul, as well as a PlayStation 4 system theme.
There is a season pass that is included in the Digital Deluxe edition of the game, or available for $20.99 separately at launch, that will include three DLC packs.
- The Hotto Stuff Pack includes more than 40 recipes to help players design and decorate structures in the style of the Hotto Steppe — a popular resting area in a distant land. Players also gain access to a new island with new materials required to craft Hotto structures.
- The Aquarium Pack will add a fishing island where players can learn how to catch and breed 40 different fish that can be added to in-home aquariums. It also unlocks the fishing rod as a tool, in addition to customization options that include apparel.
- The Modernist Pack includes over 70 recipes for modern-looking structures, hairstyles and clothing that include luxury hotels, modern condominiums and more.
I’ll be getting my hands on this Dragon Quest Builders 2 during E3 this week and reporting back on my thoughts.
This came as the first of two Dragon Quest announcements, the other being Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition (holy moly, what a mouthful).