Last month, we reported that Saber Interactive was developing a 2-on-2 arcade-style basketball game in NBA Playgrounds. At that time, we didn’t have a release date, though. Luckily for us, May 2017 equates to early next week as Saber Interactive has announced that NBA Playgrounds will be available Tuesday, May 9, 2017!
Just in time for the second round of the NBA Playoffs, fans can download the game on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC for just $19.99. Included in the game will be all the all-stars from NBA’s past and present including Shaq, Lebron, Steph, Iverson, and the big German, Dirk, among others.
Along with those legends come other impressive features for an indie title like this, including:
- Up your Game! Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
NBA Playgrounds will be available for digital download May 9, 2017!
Will you be downloading the game?