We’ve known it was coming for sometime, but Nintendo had been seemingly dragging their feet so we thought it may never come. Nintendo‘s latest Nintendo Direct revealed that the Nintendo Switch Online system is indeed coming and it’s going live on Tuesday September 18, 2018.
Nintendo outlined everything we’ll need to know for the Nintendo Switch Online, ahead of its release, and here is what we know:
- Nintendo Switch Online is available to pre-order now to go active on Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- You can only play online with friends and other gamers if you’re a member
- Members will be able to use the Save Data Cloud backup in compatible games
- NES – Nintendo Switch Online collection of classic games (like Super Mario 3 and The Legend of Zelda) will be released with added online play
- A Smartphone app will be available for members, providing features to make online gaming sessions more fun and engaging for supported games
- There will be a 7-day Free Trial available. You can sign up on Nintendo eShop
- The pricing is as follows
- $3.99 – 1 month
- $7.99 – 3 months
- $19.99 – 12 months
- $34.99 – 12 months (Family Membership – for up to 8 Nintendo Accounts)
- To purchase your membership, you can go to Nintendo eShop, Amazon, Best Buy, or Gamestop. Or Click Here for more pricing information.
Nintendo Switch Online goes live Tuesday, September 18, 2018!