The next phase of The Division 2 is now available for Year 1 Pass Holders, but if you’re waiting for the general release, here’s everything you can expect!
The Division 2: Episode 2 is the next phase of the online shooter and will bring a slew of new content for players to explore. Owners of the Year 1 pass will be able to dive into it all starting today, but everyone will have the chance to get in on the expansion (for free) on October 22nd.
While you wait, you can enjoy this swanky trailer that goes over all the new stuff coming to Episode 2:
For those of you unable to watch the trailer right now, here’s a breakdown of nearly everything you’ll be seeing in the update:
Two New Main Missions
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2.
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
New “Technician” Specialization: Effective October 15, Year 1 pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will instantly unlock the Technician Specialization. Players who do not own the Year 1 pass can unlock the specialization by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialization is unlocked. The latest specialization includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Classified Assignments (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers): Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in Washington D.C. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter, rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
The Return of Expeditions: Expeditions, along with the new Mastery system, is also part of Title Update 6, with all investigation areas at Kenly College being open at the same time for the next two weeks. After two weeks, Expeditions will then close for two weeks, and return again for one week. The “two weeks down, one week up” cadence allows players to regularly jump into Kenly College each time it opens to acquire the Mastery rewards, and guaranteed access to the elusive Diamondback.
Will you be diving into The Division 2: Episode 2?