ASTRO Gaming is preparing to unleash a new gaming headset to rival all the others on the market with the next generation of their incredible Headset series. More within…
Gamers are always looking for ways to up their gaming experience and one of the best ways to do so is with an elite headset. With so many on the market, at varying price, how do you choose? ASTRO Gaming has just revealed the suped-up 4th generation of their A40 TR Headset, along with the MixAmp Pro TR and MixAmp M80 to help sway you in their direction.
To find out what makes this generation of the amazing decade-old A40 Headset series, we look to ASTRO Gaming’s Head, Ruben Mookerjee.
“At ASTRO, we engineer premium products and experiences, using high-end components to withstand rigorous use by professional gamers in tournament environments,” stated Ruben Mookerjee, head of ASTRO Gaming. “We’ve spent the last ten years working with top console esports pros to develop industry-leading technology and world class industrial design. In the latest generation of A40 and MixAmp products, ASTRO is proud to present our best performing audio system ever.”
The A40 TR Headset, MixAmp Pro TR, MixAmp M80, and ModKits will arrive on the market at Best Buy, GameStop, and Amazon by mid-April at the prices below:
- A40 TR + MixAmp Pro TR for Xbox One/PC or PS4/PC – $249.99
- A40 TR Headset for Xbox One/PC or PS4/PC – $149.99
- MixAmp Pro TR for Xbox One/PC or PS4/PC – $129.99
- A40 TR + MixAmp M80 for Xbox One/PC – $199.99
- MixAmp M80 for Xbox One/PC – $74.99
Now, you may be wondering a few things, one of which being “Why do I need an Amp for a Headset?” It’s really not required for any gaming headset to have an Amp. However, I can say from personal experience reviewing several gaming headset, an Amp can make all the difference.
Headsets can provide gorgeous sound and really make an experience that much grander, but Headsets attached to an Amp provide richer, fuller sound experiences that you simply can’t pass up. I’ve gone from headsets with an Amp to headsets without and I, frankly, can’t go back to not using an Amp. I’m just spoiled that way. Therefore, the extra $100 is worth it, in my book.
Here are the specs for the A40 TR, MixAmp Pro TR, and MixAmp M80: All three products will release this month.
About the ASTRO A40 TR:
The ASTRO A40 TR Headset redefined professional-grade audio for gaming and has been the choice for professional gamers and content creators since it arrived on the scene over ten years ago. It arrives as an ultra-comfortable open-back headset, featuring a swappable precision mic and customizable Speaker Tags. For loud environments such as pro tournaments, gamers can transform the A40 TR to a closed-back noise-isolating headset by adding a Mod Kit (sold separately), which features closed-back Speaker Tags, synthetic leather ear cushions and headband, and a voice-isolating microphone. Key features include:
- ASTRO Audio V2, tuned in collaboration with Pro Gamers, providing a more balanced signature sound
- Premium materials for a highly adjustable, pressure-free fit
- Removable, swappable boom mic with improved voice quality
- Replaceable Speaker Tags that can be customized at ASTROgaming.com
- Highly durable product backed by a one-year warranty
About the MixAmp Pro TR
The ASTRO MixAmp Pro TR is the heart of the ASTRO Audio experience. Featuring Dolby Digital Surround Sound processing, it delivers lag-free and interference-free game sound and voice communication to the A40 TR Headset. Intuitive controls put game-to-voice balancing, master volume control and the choice of four different EQ settings all at the gamer’s fingertips. For esports events, the MixAmp Pro features a digital daisy-chain connection, enabling multiple MixAmp Pro TRs to be connected together for team-based play. For serious live streamers, the MixAmp Pro TR is a powerful game audio tool that provides a plethora of inputs and outputs for lag-free/interference-free operation. To customize the audio settings, the included ASTRO Command Center software allows detailed tuning of every input and output parameter of the MixAmp Pro TR to precisely configure it for any setup.
Key features of the MixAmp Pro TR include:
- Dolby Digital audio decoding and Dolby Headphone audio output for detailed spatial sound
- Digital Daisy Chain, allowing direct connection of multiple units for zero-lag voice communication
- Customizable, transformer-isolated stream output that ensures clear sound for livestream viewers
- Game:Voice Balance control, allowing for easy on-the-fly adjustments
- Free ASTRO Command Center Software for advanced settings adjustments
- 2+ year Dolby Atmos® activation included with Xbox One licensed products to enhance the headset with spatialized object audio (Xbox One and Windows 10 PC only)
About the MixAmp M80:
The MixAmp M80 provides the best on-controller audio experience available specifically for Xbox One users. Three preset EQ modes, active Mute, and Game:Voice Balance controls give you ultimate control over Amplified Stereo audio. The intuitive design allows you to easily adjust your audio preferences without taking your eyes off the screen.
Key features of the MixAmp M80 include:
- 3 different EQ modes
- Xbox One Compatibility, mounting directly to your Xbox One Controller for seamless integration (controller not included)
- Integrated Game: Voice Balance mixing controls with Mute button
Will you be picking up these new products from Astro?