If you’re looking for a new gaming laptop to fit all your needs, Razer has you covered with the new Razer Blade Pro. Seriously, this new notebook from Razer packs a ridiculous amount of punch, managing to cram enough hardware inside to EXCEED the requirements for the HTC Vive and Occulus Rift. So not only can it handle all the latest and greatest games while looking gorgeous, it’s also entirely VR compatible. That’s pretty damn swanky. Check out all the specs and info below:
Razer, the leading lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the new 17-inch Razer Blade Pro. Completely redesigned from ground up, the system is made specifically for enthusiasts and power users who want desktop performance but don’t want to sacrifice portability. Packed with more power than ever before possible in a notebook under an inch thick, Razer’s latest system is capable of handling virtually any task, anytime, anywhere.
The new Razer Blade Pro features the latest Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and next-generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU. It is the most powerful system ever built by Razer and the thinnest notebook available with a GTX 1080. Other highlights on the new Razer Blade Pro include Thunderbolt 3 for advanced connectivity options, 32 GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory, up to 2 TB of PCI M.2 SSD in RAID 0 storage and a built-in SD card reader.
While other similarly equipped desktop replacements are more than two inches thick and weigh more than 10 pounds, the new Blade Pro retains its iconic form factor. Its unibody CNC aluminum chassis still measures just 0.88 inches thin while weighing less than eight pounds. The included AC adapter also dwarfs similarly powered systems and complements the overall mobility of the Blade Pro.
Even more remarkable is the system’s thermal management system. This all new thermal management system in the Blade Pro now includes the worlds thinnest manufactured vapor chamber cooling solution in a notebook. The vapor chamber reduces heat resistance and hotspots by spreading heat quickly, evenly and efficiently. A custom fan design and dynamic heat exchanger are paired with the vapor chamber to maximize heat dissipation. This allows the Razer Blade Pro to be the most powerful computer ever assembled in such a thin chassis.
The rest of the desktop replacement notebook offers a similar no-compromises approach. A stunning 17.3-inch 4K IGZO monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology produces the smoothest possible framerates. The display offers 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy to deliver stunning visuals to gamers and professionals.
Additionally, the Razer Blade Pro is the first notebook to utilize Razer’s Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches. Each switch features a true actuation and reset point. Presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard and trackpad are also Powered by Razer Chroma™. This technology unlocks a virtually endless array of dazzling lighting effects that can be customized by the user or synced to display in-game events.
The specs for the Blade Pro exceed minimum hardware requirements of HTC Vive™, Oculus Rift and OSVR HDK 2, making it one of the most mobile VR-ready devices for enthusiasts and developers.
The 17-inch Blade Pro joins the rest of Razer’s award-winning systems lineup. The 14-inch Razer Blade sets the benchmark for mobile gaming, while the 12.5-inch Razer Blade Stealth was named the “Best PC” at CES earlier this year for its combination of performance, value, expandability and portability. Both models recently announced refreshes that are shipping now.
· NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
· Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
· 17.3-inch IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
· Windows® 10 64-bit
· 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
· 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
· Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard
· Killer DoubleShot™ Pro:
o Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
o Killer™ E2400 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
· Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
· USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
· HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
· SDXC card reader
· Built-in stereo speakers
· Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
· 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
· 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
· Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
· Array microphone
· Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
· Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
· Kensington™ security slot
· Compact 250 W power adapter
· Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
· Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
· Approx. Weight: 7.80 lbs. / 3.54 kg