Razer is raising the Gaming Headset bar with their latest wired headset, the Razer Kraken X. Find out why within…
For years, technology companies have rolled out lines of super powerful video game headsets capable of producing out-of-this-world sound quality. However, they always came at great cost. Recently, those same companies have tinkered with the idea of making their powerful headsets at a much lower cost. Though, that usually meant the sound quality suffered.
Until now, that is. The innovative video game tech company, Razer, seems to have cracked the code with their latest product, the Razer Kraken X.
The Razer Kraken X is designed for comfort, boasting a lightweight frame, at just .55 lbs (250 grams), memory foam ear cushions, adjustable headband, and glasses-friendly technology. While its comfort is impressive, its rivaled by its power.
Most lightweight headsets will feature powerful stereo-quality sound, but not the Razer Kraken X. On the contrary, Razer wouldn’t settle for anything less than top quality sound for their customers. That’s why they’ve found a way to bring 7.1 Surround Sound to a lightweight wired frame. To bring that level of sound to what is, by comparison to other headsets, a less-advanced model is extremely impressive.
Razer didn’t stop with the Kraken X, though. In fact, they’ve made a mandate to bring 7.1 Surround Sound to every headset in their 2019 lineup, including the Kraken 2019 ($79.99) and Kraken Tournament Edition ($99.99). Unlike those models, the Kraken X is priced at just $49.99, an incredible bargain.
If you bought your 2019 headset before this announcement, Razer will provide you with an activation code to unlock the 7.1 Surround Sound software.
The Razer Kraken X is available for all systems, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mobile and is available now, on the official Razer website.
To read the full specs on the Razer Kraken X, see below:
PRODUCT FEATURES – Kraken X and Kraken X for Console
- Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 106 dB
- Drivers: 40 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 65 x 44 mm
- Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft.
- Approx. weight: 250g / 0.55lbs
- Oval ear cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage with leatherette, for sound isolation and comfort
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -42 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional ECM boom
- Volume up and down
- Microphone quick mute toggle
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Audio + microphone usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
- Audio / mic splitter adapter cable usage: Devices with separate 3.5 mm audio and microphone jacks
Surround sound: Only available on Windows 10 64-bit