* The image above is some unused art from Captain America: The First Avenger. It was supposed to be the portrait Red Skull was getting painted for him, but they never showed it in the scene.
* Check out this bad ass looking Prometheus image. It was revealed on the movie’s viral site. Be sure to click on it for the ultra-big version…it’s well worth it. In other news, I’ve discovered my new desktop background.
* Cloverfield co-write Drew Goddard spoke with STYD recently and said he’s ready to go on a sequel to the monster movie:
I’m in, I’m ready to do it. Someone call J.J. and tell him to get moving, but because Matt and J.J. and I have been fortunate enough to be busy, it’s hard syncing our schedules up. We’re all very passionate about returning to that world… If you asked each of us what we wanted to do, you’ll get three different answers, which is how the first film was. The aesthetic of Cloverfield benefits from that. Three voices pulling it. Look, nothing would make me happier than to get the three of us in the room to get started.
* Here’s the latest clip from The Hunger Games which shows off a very book-accurate scene between Katniss and Cinna.
* For some reason this didn’t get posted last week, but check out the first trailer for Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie.
* Redbox has now rented it’s 2 Billionth DVD at one of its many kioks, and to celebrate, they’re giving everyone free rentals. On today (Thursday, March 8th) you can like their Facebook page and get a free rental code for any movie.
* With the launch of the new DC website, they also gavea brand new synopsis for Snyder’s upcoming Man of Steel movie. Don’t get too excited though, it’s nothing really new or revealing:
Superman takes to the skies once more as acclaimed actor Henry Cavill (The Tudors, Immortals) dons the suit, cape and S-shield of the MAN OF STEEL. With an all-star cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as John and Martha Kent, Clark’s earthbound parents; Oscar® winner Russell Crowe as Superman’s Kryptonian father Jor-El; The Fighter’s Amy Adams as intrepid Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane; The Matrix’s Laurence Fishburne as editor Perry White; and Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Shannon as Superman’s otherworldly archenemy General Zod, populations from Smallville to Metropolis are psyched for Superman. With the directorial stylings of 300’s Zack Snyder and the superheroic production team behind Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, the sky’s the limit for the last son of Krypton!
* John Carter hits theaters tomorrow, but if you want to check out the first 10 minutes of the film, Disney has got you covered.
* Deadline has reported that Fox has decided to pull the plug on Spielberg’s dino TV show Terra Nova.
* Sony has picked up the distirbution rights to the new Robocop movie.
* This image is so awesome and makes enough sense to blow your mind.
* Really sweet Han Solo in carbonite crayons…you know you want them.
* Zorro Reborn, a new take on Zorro that takes place in an apocalyptic future, may have a director in Ricardo de Montreuil.
* This is just kind of fun. One guy on YouTube imagines what The Goonies would be like as a horror film.