* Marvel has confirmed that a script for a Doctor Strange movie has been turned in and that they are currently mulling over a short list of directors for the project (though they gave no names). Looks like this is closer and closer to finally happening.
* Speaking of Marvel, they’ve now released a short clip of their first short film (which will be on the Thor blu-ray) called The Consultant. This is the first in a series of short films, called One-Shots, that will focus on the side characters of the Marvel universe and expand on the film universe. Apparently this short film will actually tie-in with the cameo appearance Tony Stark had at the end of The Incredible Hulk. Head on over to Marvel’s site for more info on the short films.
* The first poster for Brett Ratner’s Tower Heist movie has been released. Yes, Brett Ratner has made a movie with Eddie Murphy, take from that what you will…
* This came out last week, but since we didn’t have a News Bits then, I’ll bring it up now. The George Lucas produced Lucasfilm movie Red Tails (which GL has been trying to make for at least a decade or so) has a trailer and an official release date now: January 20, 2012.
* Original Ghost Rider and Daredevil director Mark Steven Johnson has been hired on to make the movie Autobahn. It’s an action flick that features a race car driver who has to deliver a package before his car blows up and his family is killed. Yeah, it’s Speed but in Germany.
* Benjamin Walker is now in talks to portray the arch-angel Michael in the upcoming adaptation of Lost Paradise, which already has Bradley Cooper playing the Devil.
* Warner Bros. has announced release dates for four of it’s bigger films. Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar (the biopic starring DiCaprio) will release November 11, 2011; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close will open on Christmas Day 2011; Journey 2: The Mysterious Island has been delayed from January back to February 1o, 2012; and Alfonso Cuaron’s sci-fi film Gravity will be landing November 21, 2012.
* Because I’m infinitely proud of this, TMP has managed to have an appearance on national TV! During G4’s Attack of the Show segment, The Feed, TheMoviePool was showcased for one of our recent news articles. Check out the video at about 1:53 for the start of the segment that mentions us!
* IGN has made this awesome Planet of the Apes infographic, that details how all of the films’ continuity works together.
* Joining the ranks of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this year, Transformers 3 has now crossed the $1 Billion mark at the box office.
* Sad news for tree-huggers. The tree from The Shawshank Redemption got split in half during a recent storm.
* The all new poster for Apollo 18 (the found footage sci-fi/horror flick) has been released via Moviefone.
Got a sweet article or scoop you think should be included on News Bits? Drop us a line at [email protected] and it could be featured in the next article!