* Excited about Scream 4? Already want a Scream 5, despite the fact we haven’t seen the 4th one yet? Well, despite some persistent rumors, CinemaBlend talked with Wes Craven about possible sequels and the man confirmed that there is NO Scream 5 script yet, but the possibility for a 5th and 6th film is there:
No, there is no Scream 5 script. Kevin [Williamson], when I first talked to him about this project before there was a script, he had an idea for a trilogy, so we’ll have to see what comes out of that. I’m sure Bob Weinstein is open to it if the script or ideas are to his pleasure. He has very high standards. I don’t think he’s in any rush to do it particularly, but on the other hand, I think he’s open to the idea of a trilogy, so at the point when there is an idea that he’s really excited about I’m sure he will begin launching that next film.
* Seems odd, but we’re still getting casting news for the Green Lantern movie…though it’s voice only. It looks like Geoffrey Rush (King’s Speech, the Pirate films) has now been signed on to voice the character of Tomar-Re, the fish-like Green Lantern who acts as an instructor to Hal Jordan.
* In an interview with USA Today, Jerry Bruckheimer once again mentioned that a script for a 5th Pirates film was in the works, but that they may be dropping the ‘trilogy’ idea, in order to keep the series fresh. Could be reading into things here, but this is what he had to say:
The audience told us what they loved about it is that it was fresh, it was new, it was a whole new story. So that will carry over into the next one, too, to give it something fresh and different.
* 3 New official images from Transformers Dark of the Moon, have hit the net…but strangely don’t feature any Transformers. They’re still pretty intense looking however. Head over to Collider for all 3 pics.
* New photos taken from the set of the currently filming Wonder Woman TV show, appear to show off an entirely different costume than the official first look a couple weeks ago. Losing the plastic look, and adding some red boots have drastically improved the outfit…but we’re still not sold on the show.
* Zack Snyder jumped in the Justice League movie news the other day, and in an interview confirmed that his Superman and Nolan’s Batman won’t be the same as what’s in the Justice League:
Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and own Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie and they kinda get to do it twice which is kinda cool.
* CinemaCon has given us our first look at Caesar from Rise of the Apes. It’s not the best look at him, but still; that’s one creepy looking ape…
* CinemaCon has also shown off a cool new character poster for the Green Lantern. It’s kind of hard to see, but as the event starts to wrap up, I’d expect more official and high-res pics to start hitting.
* Again, at CinemaCon, fans were given confirmation that Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye character (who appears in The Avengers) has a pretty sizable cameo in Thor. While not a huge part, it’s still more than a walk on role. CinemaBlend has a breakdown of it.
* DreamWorks has announced that they are spinning off the popular Madagascar Penguins into their own separate film.
Well, that will about wrap it up for this week. Remember, if you have an article or piece that you think should be feature in our News Bits section, drop a line at [email protected] and we’ll be sure to post it.