* X-Men: First Class has a confirmed running time of 131 minutes, and carries a PG-13 rating.
*New set image from The Hunger Games gives us a glimpes at District 12, the hometown of Katniss Everdeen.
* These are some ridiculously awesome miniature Star Wars sculptures carved out of ordinary Crayons (created by Steve Thompson).
* The first poster for Shark Night 3D has been released.
* Chris Ellis and Brett Cullen have joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises, but for seemingly smaller roles. It’s been revealed that Cullen will play a Judge, while Ellis will portray a priest.
* Disney has changed the name of the upcoming John Carter of Mars, to simply John Carter. No word on the reason behind it, but it’s suddenly a far more dull name.
* The Lion King Blu-Ray gets a shiny new trailer, and on top of that, it’s been announced that it’ll be re-released in theaters (very limited) in 3D at Disney’s flagship theater, the El Capitan in Hollywood. It should run from Sept. 2 to Oct. 6.
* Alan Rickman published his farewell letter to the Harry Potter franchise in Empire Magazine.
* Ben Stiller has recently talked about Zoolander sequel, and says he’s still optimistic that it will happen:
“It’s kind of coming along slowly, we have a script that we like and we’re just waiting for the studio to figure it out. But I think we all want to do it. We’re raring to go, not quite sure where the studio’s at. Hopefully it’ll come together.”
* Matthew Vaughn has taken the time to explain why Kick-Ass 2 probably won’t happen:
“Everyone says we’re doing Kick-Ass 2 but… the weird thing about Kick-Ass 2 is I’d love to do it, because I enjoyed it so much, but I’m a big believer that if you’re going to do a sequel it’s got to be as good as the first one if not better. I just don’t know how I could… My business brain just says do Kick-Ass 2, shoot it and get it out there and it would make a lot of money but I really do love that movie. It was a special moment to me making that film and I don’t want to spoil it. I’m not saying it’s as good as Pulp Fiction but I think it would be weird if Tarantino did Pulp Fiction 2. Everything that made Kick-Ass original and fun, if you do it again, it would be crass…”
* Disney has set a release date for Sam Raimi’s Oz: The Great and Powerful. March 8, 2013 is when you’ll see it…or not.
* After all the rumors and speculation, Ron Howard himself has come out and spoken about the progress on The Dark Tower. Apparently they’re still moving forward (hoping to shoot early next year) and Javier Bardem has NOT been confirmed as reports said:
“We’re thinking of starting in early spring now. I can’t really say who’ll be in it yet, but Javier Bardem has shown a great deal of interest. We’ll know by the end of the summer, when our flashing green light goes solid.”
* World War Z is in full casting mode, and is set to begin shooting as early as June. It’s expected to be a long shoot, going through the Fall.
* Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale have been officialy cast in the Total Recall remake (Rachel and Lori respectively); making it now a must see for every male ever…who’s alive.
All right, well that wraps it up for this week. If you’ve got a story you think should be on News Bits, shoot us a link at [email protected] and we’ll be sure to get it featured!