* First up is a movie very near and dear to my heart. Thanks to JoBlo we get our first official pic of James Franco in Rise of the Apes. The image isn’t too spectacular, but since it’s our first official look at something from this movie, I’m excited.
*Looks like Bryan Singer’s Jack the Giant Killer has snagged up Ewan McGregor for a part; presumably the king’s head of security.
* Entertainment Weekly gave fans their first look at the new Toy Story short film (titled Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation) that will play in front of Cars 2 in theaters.
* Sucker Punch already looks awesome, and their marketing team has been pushing hard lately. They’ve just released possibly the coolest movie posters I’ve seen in a while in this series of Retro (think WWII pin-up girls) styled posters for the film. Head over to Collider for all of them.
* The trailer for the new DC direct-to-DVD animated Green Lantern: Emerald Knights movie has landed. At the very least, watch it because Nathan Fillion voices Green Lantern.
*Idris Elba along with Sean Harris and Kate Dickie have been cast in Ridley Scott’s Prometheus…though no word on what part they’ll play.
* Wrath of the Titans will begin shooting on March 7th, and director Jonathan Liebesman has now confirmed that it will be post-converted 3D…just like the first one was.
*Let’s finish off with something strangely awesome. In an interview, the screenwriters for Drive Angry, said that the idea for the title actually came from the Bill Murray comedy Groundhog Day. It’s the scene where Bill Murray’s character was about to drive off the cliff with the famous Groundhog, and he kept telling the creature “Don’t drive angry, don’t drive angry”.