* Funny tweet from Marlon Wayans explaining why his character isn’t in G.I. Joe 2.
* This is a surprsingly disturbing Pirates of the Caribbean birthday cake. Well made, but creepy.
* For some inexplicable reason, WB is moving forward with a live-action adaptation of The Jetsons cartoon, and have hired relatively inexperience writers, Van Robichaux and Evan Susser, to pen it.
* Here’s the latest photo from Snow White and the Huntsman.
* It looks like Brian de Palma is doing a remake of Burt Reynolds’ film Heat, with Jason Statham set to star.
* Check out the first poster from Focus Features’ Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.
* M. Night Shyamalan has revealed the first set pics and some concept art from his upcoming film After Earth (starring Will Smith). Check them all out at the link.
* Billy Connelly (Boondock Saints) is the final additional cast member added to The Hobbit. He’ll be playing a dwarf warrior Dain Ironfoot, and I think the movie will be all the better for it!
* How’s this for a strangely awesome zombie movie idea: Osama Bin Laden is back from the dead and is making an army of zombie terrorists…Yeah. It’s the premise of an indy film by John Lyde, and above is the surprisingly bad ass teaser trailer for it. I’m not expecting anything more than a B movie out of it, but it still looks kind of fun. Osombie is supposedly coming out this Summer.
* Recently we reported on a rumor about Harrison Ford possibly returning in the Blade Runner sequel, but that was quickly shot down by a producer. However, Ridley Scott has now talked about it and says that he’d love to work with Ford again, and doesn’t rule out the possibility of Deckard being in the film. He also talks about his desire to make a Prometheus sequel:
“We’re still in discussions about whether it should be a prequel or sequel…It’s an interesting conversation. I’m meeting with writers and I’ve also gone back to Hampton Fancher and he still speaks the speak. He’s right there. I spoke with him this week. But we don’t even have a script yet.”
“I’m not sure that that’s going to be a story point,” he says concerning Deckard’s possible return. “so I don’t know. But if it were, nothing would please me more. Honestly.”
“I just thought Prometheus was so enjoyable — returning to the world of science fiction was so fun — that I wanted to [go back to Blade Runner, too]. I’m also thinking about what the hell I might do for a Prometheus 2.”
* This was a funny picture posted on Reddit, where apparently a woman’s sonogram resembles Spider-Man’s infamous symbiote nemesis, Venom.
* According to THR, Imagine Entertainment has optioned the rights to Anne Rice’s The Tale of the Body Thief, the fourth book in the Vampire Chronicles. This means we’ll see the vampire Lestat on the big screen once more.
* Here’s a featurette that talks a little about the 3D conversion process for The Phantom Menace 3D.
* Short live-action adaptation of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
All right, that about does it for this edition of News Bits. Remember, if you’ve got a story you think should be featured, drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll be sure to highlight it.