* While we announced yesterday that all of the Star Wars blu-ray details had been announced, what came out a little later in the day were the official box art for the different sets.
* Despite the fact that they can’t seem to find a lead in Snow White and the Huntsman (2 actors have dropped out of the Huntsman role), they have found a prince. Sam Claflin (who you’ll be seeing in the new Pirates movie) has been given the role of the Prince, who is the love interest for Kristin Stewart’s Snow White.
* Rachel Weisz is negotiating to take on the role of Evanora, an evil witch in the upcoming Oz: The Great and Powerful, a semi-prequel to The Wizard of Oz.
* Rumors this week have abounded that Terminator 5 (which currently has Justin Lin set to direct) would be bringing back the entire original cast for this new film. Just Lin was speaking with MTV and debunked all those rumors. He said so far it’s just him and Arnold talking things over. Then he went on to talk about his plan for the next film, and essentially stated that it’s very possible his film will ignore the canon laid down by T3 and Salvation:
“I always feel like what’s great about the Terminator franchise is that there’s time-travel and there are different timelines to play with. There are also a lot of gaps from what we love about all of the Terminator movies, so there’s a lot of things we can do and play with. To me, all of that, I don’t really want to discuss it now. That’s part of the fun of developing. But the bigger questions for me are always the characters and the themes. You want to start there. But obviously, answering your question, [Terminator] does have that capability, finding fresh ways of going back without destroying other [movies], because you can tell your own stories.”
* Terry Rossio has already turned in a script to Disney for Pirates of the Caribbean 5, and the studios have already asked Rob Marshal to return to direct. Johnny Depp is also willing to jump on board with it, but he’d like to slow things down a little, saying:
It boils down to story, script and filmmaker, It’s not something where I would say, ‘Let’s shoot it next month to get it out by Christmas 2012, We should hold off for a bit. They should be special, just like they are special to me.
* Columbia Pictures released this new poster for their upcoming film, Anonymous.
* Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, the directors of Catfish, have now been handed the directing duties for Paranormal Activity 3. With a release date set for October 21 of this year, they’re better get to work…
* Joseph Gordon-Levitt has confirmed that he won’t be reprising the role of Cobra Commander in the next G.I. Joe movie. This means that there are only 3 people so far coming back to this movie, with everyone else already jumping ship. Might as well just call this a reboot and start fresh.
* Paul W.S. Anderson (The Three Musketeers) is now set to make a disaster flick revolving around Pompeii. So a full on disaster movie from one of the most over-the-top directors….I’m in.
* Just for fun I had to show this Pixar/Star Wars mash-up. Wouldn’t this be awesome!
Well that will wrap up this edition of News Bits. Remember if you have an article or scoop you think should be featured in News Bits, drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll include it.