* People are getting rabid over The Dark Knight Rises news, and when the teaser poster was released earlier this week, it wasn’t long before fans started claiming to see Easter eggs everywhere in it. It’s all ridiculous, and one person decided to poke fun at it, by creating this image that shows all of the “Easter Eggs”.
* Len Wiseman’s Total Recall remake is finally filming, and it seems like just as soon as the cameras roll…someone is snagging set pics. Head on over to Slashfilm for a few more.
* Underworld 4 has gotten a brand new title, plus a release date to go along with it. Sony has just announced that Underworld: Awakening (with Kate Beckinsale thankfully returning) will hit theaters 1/20/2012.
* IGN got the first look at even more Dwarves from Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This time around we get Bofur (James Nesbitt), Bombur (Stephen Hunter), and Bifur (William Kircher), and if you’re not sure who those are check out the description:
While most of the Company of Thorin Oakensheild is related to the royal and noble line of Durin, Bofur, his brother Bombur and their cousin Bifur most definitely are … not. Born and bred in the West, descendants of coal miners and iron workers, they have joined the Quest for the Lonely Mountain partly to seek their fortune and partly because they were told the beer was free.
* 20th Century Fox has bought the rights to the graphic novel Rust (a fun sci-fi adventure) and has set Aline Brosh to write the script for it.
* Director Joe Johnston is out promoting his upcoming Captain America flick, and when speaking to ScreenRant, he announced that he would love to make a Star Wars movie about Boba Fett…Awesome.
I’m trying to get George [Lucas] to make a feature based on Boba Fett…I would like to [direct the film], it would be a lot of fun.
George Lucas helped give Johnston his start in filmmaking on the original trilogy, so if Lucas was ever to let someone do it, it may very well be Johnston (who helped create many of the iconic characters, including Boba Fett).
* Kevin Costner has been signed on to play Ace Woody in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. He’ll play a man who trains slaves to fight for entertainment.
* Post Harry Potter, Emma Watson has been keeping herself pretty busy. Now she’s attached to the Guillermo Del Toro produced Beauty and the Beast flick.
* Kurt Johnstad, who co-wrote 300 along with Zack Snyder, has now been recruited to do some brief re-writes on the Superman: Man of Steel script. These things aren’t uncommon, so let’s not freak out too much.
*TheOneRing.Net got this exclusive look at Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit (yeah, these pics just keep on coming and it’s great!). Oakenshield is the leader of the Dwarves who accompany Bilbo Baggins on the adventure. The character is pivotal and has a large role in the book, so this is a fairly large character reveal.
* Sticking with picture reveals, we got this new official image of Carl Urban in Dredd (the Judge Dredd remake coming out). Still not sold on him in this movie, but we’ll have to wait and see. Personally the helmet just seems too big for him. It looks like a little kid playing with his father’s helmet.
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 can now lay claim to having the largest worldwide debut ever with $476 million dollars.
* Today (July 18), marks the 25th anniversary of James Cameron’s film; Aliens. The second in the Alien franchise, Aliens became one of the most successful sequels in film history.