There’s been a lot of information coming out in the last few days about the Inuyasha sequel, Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, so it’s time to step back and review what we know about the upcoming series so far.
It was the announcement heard ’round the world when news broke several days ago that an anime sequel to the iconic series Inuyasha was in the works. Here’s a look at what we know so far about this series:
- The story follows the next generation: Officially known as Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, the sequel series will focus on the children of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Specifically, the series will follow the half-demon twins Towa and Setsuna, the daughters of Sesshomaru, and Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome.
- Time Travel Will Be Involved: In keeping with the world of Inuyasha, Towa will find herself transported to present-day Japan, in much the same way as Kagome found herself suddenly transported to Japan’s feudal past.
- Something May Have Happened to Inuyasha and Kagome: The first details about Moroha, Inuyasha and Kagome’s daughter, have been revealed and they hint that something may have happened to the couple since we last saw them. According to a new summary, Moroha “is actually the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, but she hardly knows her parents because she has lived alone since she was young.” We also know that Moroha works as a deadly bounty hunter, but it’s the note about Moroha living alone that may have fans of the original Inuyasha worried. There are several reasons for why Inuyasha and Kagome might have been absent from their daughter’s life, so don’t automatically assume that the couple are deceased.
- Original staff members are returning: It’s also been learned that several people who originally worked on Inuyasha will be returning to work on Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon. This is great, since there’s an even greater chance the sequel will be put together with the same care that the original was.
- Its Scheduled to Arrive this Year: Most importantly, we’ve learned that Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon is currently scheduled to arrive sometime in the Fall of 2020. This leaves only a few short months to wait, if all goes well, before we find out what’s happened in the years since we said goodbye to Inuyasha and Kagome.
With everything going on in the world right now, it’s nice to know we have something awesome to look forward to this fall. Hopefully Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon will be as amazing as it sounds.