Revealed during EA Play, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 will have seasons of content that are all entirely free for all players. Each release will be themed around a new Star Wars idea.
All players will have access to these free content drops that will include a mix of new locations, characters, vehicles, modes, weapons, star cards, and more. Players will also be able to participate in regular live events and challenges that will come with their own special rewards. The first free season will be coming in December after the game’s launch and will be inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™. Through the relationship with Lucasfilm, this season will include Finn and Captain Phasma as new playable heroes, a new planet location known as Crait, a new space map above D’Qar, new events, rewards and more.
EA repeated that they acknowledge the complaints from the first game and improved on everything for the follow up title. The new game will have split screen co-op and starfighter battles, combined with even more epic online multiplayer.
a new authentic single player campaign, epic multiplayer, starfighter battles, and solo or co-op PvE on console – a huge game across all eras of the Star Wars films
If you pre-order the game you will get access to the beta later this Fall, early access to Yoda content, and a few other bonuses.
The game will also have some special editions:
The Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition includes† the following items:
- Up to three days early access to play Star Wars Battlefront II on November 14th
- Upgraded versions of all four trooper classes (Officer, Assault, Heavy, and Specialist)
- Instant access to four epic star cards, one for each trooper class
- Instant weapon unlocks and weapon attachments for each trooper class
- Star Wars Battlefront II: The Last Jedi™ Heroes pack, including:
- Exclusive** Kylo Ren and Rey outfits inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Instant access to six hero and starfighter epic star cards
- Instant access to Star Wars: The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon with updated sounds and appearance