Square Enix is bringing back one of the most beloved games in the Final Fantasy Chronicles series, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Take a look at how the remastered version looks on Nintendo Switch, PS4, and mobile devices…
2003 was a big year for Square Enix. April of that year, Square Soft and Enix merged to become the brand we know today, Square Enix. Then, a few months later, Square Enix would release a Final Fantasy Chronicles we’d come to adore, with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
Today, at TGS 2019, Square Enix announced that the beloved game is making a return in all its remastered glory. They even brought a trailer with them. Here is the trailer for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered.
The classic Action RPG has been remastered for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Android/iOS mobile devices and it includes a bunch of new updates:
- Updated Visuals and Audio – Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in stunning new ways, with upgraded graphics and audio updates enhancing the magical adventure like never before.
- New Character Voiceovers – Playable heroes come to life with brand-new voiceovers as they cast spells and battle ferocious monsters.
- New Online Multiplayer – Play online with up to three friends to overcome the dangerous monsters and dungeons that fill the world*. No players are left behind, as the game supports cross-play functionality.
- New Dungeons and Bosses – Challenging new dungeons and bosses have been added to the game, allowing for even more fun and exciting gameplay opportunities.
- New Character Appearances and Items – Stand out with brand-new looks and artifacts to equip and use throughout your magical journey.
The addition of crossplay multiplayer capability is huge! In an age where everyone is all about gaming with each other, Square Enix is listening to the fans and making it possible for most gamers to enjoy this classic RPG together (sorry Xbox fans).
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered makes its triumphant return on January 23, 2020!