The Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will come loaded with NVIDIA GameWorks technology and other advanced PC features, adding cutting-edge graphic and physics simulation technologies with support for NVIDIA’s capture and share tools.
“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of Final Fantasy XV. “NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
The “Windows Edition” will boast the the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
In addition to the GameWorks technology, there is also support for both GeForce Experience capture and share tools:
- NVIDIA Ansel, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will launch in early 2018.