If you haven’t hopped aboard the Halo bandwagon, you really should get on soon with Halo 5: Guardians. In fact, we have it on good authority that it’s a pretty great game. Just see for yourself with our official review!
343 Industries has done a good job of keeping players in the Halo experience by releasing FREE DLCs on a, relatively, continuous basis. Today, they continue their outpouring of content with Hammer Storm.
Other than the cool name, Hammer Storm has a lot to offer the Halo community. With this free DLC, fans will once again be able to play the beloved multiplayer mode Grifball! It’s been one of my favorite modes since Halo 3 and I’m so pumped that they’re bringing it back. That’s not all, though. Check out everything else that comes with it.
- New game modes: Grifball, Assault and Fiesta. From the hammer-meets-sword sports sensation of Grifball, and weapon-roulette hilarity of Fiesta, to the fan-favorite Assault game type that’s been fully evolved for Halo 5: Guardians, Hammer Storm brings a brand new game mode to fit every flavor of Halo fan.
- New map Torque. An entirely new environment primed for battle, Torque is a large symmetrical map that caters to Capture the Flag and Assault game modes. The pistons in each courtyard can provide key gameplay for cover, traversal, and objective movement.
- New weapons change the game. Literally. The Gravity Hammer provides the proper tool for smashing enemies, and the Halo: CE Pistol brings back a legacy of single handed death-dealing. Be sure to watch for the classic headshot death animation when you deliver the killing blow!
- New REQ items. Hammer Storm contains a myriad of new REQs, including attachments for loadout weapons, weapon skins, armors, emblems, assassinations, visors, and stances.
- New possibilities with Forge. The new “ball” mechanic that powers the Assault and Grifball modes unlocks the potential for entirely new game types in Forge mode, not to mention paving the way for returning favorites like Oddball and Ricochet.
That’s just the tip of the news iceberg as they have also announced that the old game mode favorite, Firefight, will be coming back to Halo! They’re entitling it as Warzone Firefight and while they didn’t say much about it, they did announce that it will be just like the firefight of old, but potentially better.
The DLC Hammer Storm is available to download on your XBOX One now. Just open up the game it’ll start the process.
Are you excited Halo 5: Guardians Hammer Storm?