Developers dropped a five minute long sneak peak of the Life is Strange Remastered Collection to showcase some of the game’s enhancements.
The collection features the first two games in the series.
Enhancements featured in the sneak peak include:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline.
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more.
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout.
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture.
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
The Life is Strange Remastered Collection will release on February 1 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, PC, Stadia and GeForce Now. A Nintendo Switch version of the game will launch sometime later.