For some time, we have waited patiently to find out more information on MundFish Studios’ upcoming title Atomic Heart. After five years of development, the studio is finally ready to release the game with the help of publisher Focus Entertainment (publisher of the upcoming title A Plague Tale: Requiem). The CEO of Mudfish Studios, Robert Bagratuni, had this to say;
“Five years ago, when we founded the studio, we set ourselves the goal of creating a world-class product that could be appreciated by millions of people worldwide.
And now, when the stakes are as high as ever, we are finally ready to release the accumulated momentum over these years.
We couldn’t be happier to head to the release with such an experienced publisher, and we do not doubt that Focus Entertainment will make the upcoming game launch truly outstanding.”
With that said, Julien Ramette, Chief Business Development Officer at Focus Entertainment, had this to say about the partnership;
“It’s an honor to collaborate with a studio as talented as Mundfish; We were amazed by Robert and his teams’ creative minds as soon as we started exchanging.
The AAA standards they’ve provided for their first game is truly an accomplishment. Atomic Heart is sure to honor all players in search of an original, new generation experience.”
In addition to this excellent publishing news, MundFish and Focus Entertainment have also announced an updated release window for the game. Though the game was initially expected to release in the next few months, it has been declared the game will be officially releasing Winter of 2022.
It might be a little later than gamers wanted, but it is an official release window, and we can’t wait to play. Remember, the game is also set to be a Day One Release on Xbox GamePass, so if your a fan of Bioshock/Fallout-style games, strap in and get ready! For more news on this title, check back here at Cinelinx!
Information About Atomic Heart
Set an alternate version of the 1950’s, the story of Atomic Heart takes place in a Soviet Union in which robotics and other advanced technologies were developed during World War II.
This world isn’t so far removed from the ideals for which humanity is fighting today: a happy society, the power of science, perfect cities with green, sun-dappled parks and town squares, the automation of everyday life, the desire to explore the stars… these things could be right around the corner.
But let’s take a look at the dark underbelly of this ideal world — what if all this had already happened? And where could it lead?
- Gorgeous, hyper-realistic graphics in a retro-futuristic style created with the latest visual technologies
- The mysterious alternate-world Soviet setting fully immerses you in the dystopian atmosphere
- Unique combined combat system with elements of Souls-Like games:
- Use two weapons simultaneously: a glove with multiple skills and various weapon sets,
- Combine melee attacks and ranged weapons in combat,
- Interact with the world around you during battle.
- The weapon crafting and modification system allows you to apply a wide variety of upgrades and mods to your arsenal.
- Secret military dungeons and labs filled with puzzles, traps, and other obstacles.
- Dangerous enemies with varied behaviors, designs, and features that will put your skills to the test
- A gripping story, strong characters, and an intriguing mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end
(Information and Trailer Provided via MundFish.com)