The battle for the universe is about a month away and we just learned that 4 new combatants from Marvel and Capcom have arrived to take a side in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite! From Marvel, Dormammu and Ghost Rider. From Capcom, Jedah and Firebrand. These 4 create a character roster of 30 characters that will each have a hand in the war to come. A war you can check out in the latest story trailer!
In addition to regular vs play and story mode, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite will have a bevy of modes ranging from offline to online to allow gamers to continuously enjoy the experience.
Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite releases September 19 on Xbox One and PS4.