Last week, EA Sports released the first gameplay trailer for Madden NFL 21. Fortunately, they didn’t wait long to highlight everything new shown in that trailer.
Today, the Electronic Arts sports division released the Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden NFL 21. It highlights the new pass rush mechanics, ball carrier skill stick, realistic open field tackling, new celebrations, and authenticity improvements.
Below are the bullet points of features highlighted in the Gameplay Deep Dive:
- New Pass-Rush Control – New defensive line mechanics that make playing as a pass-rusher more responsive and more fun to play.
- Ball Carrier Skill Stick – Two new moves that the skill stick unlocks including the side hurdle and the dead leg.
- Realistic Open Field Tackling – Give defenders more control and a better chance of successfully tackling oncoming players.
- Authenticity Improvements – New physics-based animation which will create more authentic moments when the quarterback is throwing under pressure and more.
- Celebrate Everywhere – Total control over how your players react after game-changing plays.
I mentioned in my article last week that EA Sports was all about authenticity for this year’s Madden game. As the trailer shows, the new mechanics, open field tackling, and even the fact that players won’t be bumping into each other unnaturally between plays, they’re doing their best to live up to the promise of a more authentic experience.
Madden NFL 21 will release on August 28, 2020 (August 25 for Deluxe & MVP Editions) for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Origin and Steam.
Due to EA‘s Dual Entitlement program, EA Sports is offering to upgrade your Madden NFL 21 copy for free when you upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X. However, you must upgrade before Madden NFL 22 releases and you will not be eligible for this offer is you purchase a physical version of the game and the digital version of the PS5.
Below is EA‘s explanation of this:
The physical copy of Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 4 also includes your entitlement to download and play the PlayStation 5 version of the game (and Xbox One with Xbox Series X), so you’ll still be able to upgrade via Dual Entitlement if you purchase a next generation console with a disc drive.
If you intend to buy a discless next generation console, you will need to purchase Madden NFL 21 digitally to take advantage of the Dual Entitlement offer as physical discs cannot currently be used to upgrade to discless consoles.