BlizzCon 2018 is THE place if you’re a fan of Blizzard‘s hit games like World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Diablo, and of course Overwatch. While all have had a massive presence at the annual Anaheim convention, Overwatch may have had one of the biggest. During Overwatch’s time in the sun, they debuted the newest character Ashe and a multitude of ways to get your hands on brand new Overwatch toys and clothing!
It’s become a bit of a given that every year, Blizzard will debut a new character for Overwatch. Last year, they introduced the ying to Mercy’s yang, Moira. The year before that, they introduced the hacker Sombra. This year, Blizzard debuted a new character from McCree‘s side of the world that the Overwatch community just can’t get enough of. Meet Ashe and her big robot bodyguard, B.O.B….
An explosive train robbery gives McCree the chance to settle some unfinished business with a few former associates in our latest animated short: Reunion!
Ashe, the leader of the Deadlock Gang, is a highly respected member of the criminal underground. Her primary weapon is known as “The Viper”, a semi-automatic rifle that is capable of firing rapid-fire shots or using precision damage. She also has the Dynamite ability, which deals explosive damage and lingering fire damage, and Coach Gun ability that knocks enemies and backs Ashe away to maintain distance against short-range opponents. Her special ability brings her trusted robot henchman B.O.B. into the fray to deal a heavy amount of damage to opponents.
In addition to Ashe’s exciting debut, Blizzard also revealed their intent to bring new and inclusive Overwatch toys and apparel to the great many Overwatch fandom, by utilizing their partnerships with LEGO, Hasbro, UNIQLO, Funko, and HerUniverse! Check out the details below:
- Six LEGO® Overwatch building sets, ranging in price from $14.99 to $89.99, [https://www.lego.com/en-us/
themes/overwatch] were previewed for BlizzCon attendees, including: Tracer vs. Widowmaker, Hanzo vs. Genji, Dorado Showdown, D.Va & Reinhardt, Bastion, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar. Sets feature fan-favorite vehicles and characters in minifigure form, such as Tracer, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Genji, Shimada Henchman, Soldier: 76, McCree, D.Va, Reinhardt, Pharah, Mercy, Reaper, and Winston. The LEGO Overwatch collection will be available at mass retail in early 2019. As previously announced, fans attending BlizzCon may also purchase an exclusive LEGO Overwatch Omnic Bastion building set by visiting the Blizzard Gear Store.
- As the master toy licensee for Overwatch, Hasbro previewed a range of NERF Overwatch Rival + Microshots blasters with select items exclusively available for pre-order now at gamestop.com/NerfOverwatch and full line coming in January 2019. Hasbro also revealed the OVERWATCH ULTIMATES MERCY figure, which is the first figure to be unveiled within its OVERWATCH ULTIMATES FIGURE assortment, coming to most major retailers next spring.
- Her Universe, a leading fan-focused lifestyle and fashion brand, announced their expansion in the gaming space at BlizzCon. “Fans have been asking us for World of Warcraft and Overwatch fashion, and I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with Blizzard and make these collections a reality,” said Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein. The Her Universe World of Warcraft women’s fashion collection is now available on www.HerUniverse.com and at the Blizzard Gear Store (www.gear.blizzard.com), and an Overwatch fashion collection for both women and men, under the company’s new label Our Universe, will debut later in November at BoxLunch and in December at Hot Topic.
- UNIQLO and Blizzard announced that, following the success of the 2018 Blizzard Entertainment collection, the two companies will be partnering once again on a new apparel line. The collection of exclusive designs will be available in spring 2019 across all Blizzard’s franchises.
- FUNKO and Blizzard revealed their latest Overwatch POP! vinyl figure, modeled after Ashe, a new hero revealed at BlizzCon, in addition to a messenger bag from Loungefly. The Ashe vinyl figure and messenger bag are available for purchase at BlizzCon and on the Blizzard gear store.
- In celebration of the fan art community, HOT TOPIC and BOXLUNCH partnered with Blizzard to launch a contest where artists rallied to submit hundreds of original Hearthstone, StarCraft®, Heroes of the Storm®, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo designs for the opportunity to have their creations featured on t-shirts at Hot Topic, BoxLunch, and the Blizzard Gear Store. Fan favorite designs from World of Warcraft will be available at the Gear Store and onsite at BlizzCon, while additional designs from Blizzard’s roster will be available at Hot Topic in mid-November with the grand-prize-winning Diablo design set to debut at BoxLunch in late November.
Ashe is available to play as on Overwatch now. The line of apparel and toys will be available 2019. Stay tuned for more release date updates and our review of LEGO Overwatch Omnic Bastion!