Fans of Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis will soon be able to play the game on the PlayStation 4.
During Anime Expo 2022, SEGA has announced that the free-to-play online action RPG game Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis will be coming to the PlayStation 4 on August 31, 2022. The game will launch on the PS4 with a full year of updates, including “Frozen Resolution”, the most recent update for the game.
The game is summarized with the following perks below:
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 players can play together side by side.
Are you excited to see this game become available on the PS4?