The Amnesia horror series is back with a terrifying new environment in Amnesia: The Bunker. Frictional Games and SOMA announced that this game would follow a French Soldier as he tries to survive being hunted by an otherworldly creature within a WWI bunker. Take a look a preview below.
What sets Amnesia: The Bunker apart from other games in the series is that the developers gave players more choice. There are multiple ways to solve puzzles, your gameplay style and choice affects the outcome of the game, and there are not many scripted events in the game. Which means more freedom, but also more tension.
Below are the features Frictional Games and SOMA announced for Amnesia: The Bunker:
- Player choice – emergent gameplay in a sandbox horror survival experience
- Unscripted environment – objects, threats, and resources, change in every playthrough
- Adaptive horrid threats – an ever-present gruesome creature that stalks the player.
- Tactile immersion – all-new levels of interaction with the world through puzzle-solving and tool handling
- Absorbing yet terrifying tale – experience hell on earth in a fictional appalling story
- Engrossing atmosphere and tension – enhanced lighting effects and carefully designed sound effects for a real horror experience.
Amnesia: The Bunker is set to launch in March 2023 for PC, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.