The world’s most beautiful game is going back to its roots with VOLTA Football in FIFA 20. Plus tons of new features that will make FIFA 20 into the most authentic yet.
Every year, Electronic Arts will roll out new, unique games for players to get behind in the coming year. However, the one tried and true brand has always been FIFA and it’s getting even better.
At EA Play 2019, EA Sports presented FIFA 20, but the focus wasn’t on the game on the pitch. Instead, it was all about the new mode VOLTA Football, which brings players to streets, for some good ol’ fashioned Street Football. In VOLTA Football, players will create their own unique character. You choose whether your character will be male or female and fit them with the fliest street digs possible.
However, the focus of VOLTA Football will be to provide a realistic gameplay experience, as most superstar football players started out with street football. Plus, you’ll be able to work on new skills and moves to bring to the bright lights. See how it looks in the reveal trailer.
“This year, we are embedding a whole new experience with VOLTA Football into the game that reflects how many footballers started out their careers in the streets. This is a unique aspect of the sport that gives our players an experience unlike anything they have ever seen before in EA SPORTS FIFA,” said Aaron McHardy, Executive Producer for EA SPORTS FIFA. “We’ve also focused on delivering key gameplay updates that raise the level of realism and quality across the game. And with small sided football ingrained in FIFA 20, players can take the learnings from the streets and apply them to the stadium or vice versa.”
In addition to VOLTA Football, FIFA 20 will also be incorporating a slew of new gameplay mechanics in an attempt to make this edition the most authentic of the series. The full list and details are below:
- Football Intelligence delivers a whole new approach to gameplay that raises the quality bar in FIFA 20, levelling up the authenticity players experience on the virtual pitch.
- Authentic Game Flow puts more emphasis on user-controlled play by giving AI more awareness around time, space and a player’s position on the pitch.
- Decisive Moments are comprised of the all-new Composed Finishing which overhauls the fundamentals of shooting to give players more consistent and clinical finishing, and Controlled Tackling that utilizes the Active Touch System to add a variety of new tackling animations.
- Ball Physics adds a new level of realism with varied shot trajectories, more realistic tackle interactions, and physics driven behavior.
In the last bit of FIFA 20 news, for now, if you pre-order the FIFA 20 Ultimate Edition you’ll receive:
- 3 days Early Access to FIFA 20
- A 5 game loan ICON Player Pick (mid version) for their FIFA Ultimate Team™ squad
- Up to 24 Rare Gold Packs
- Special Edition FUT Kits
As a bonus, those who pre-order before August 5, 2019 will also receive an untradeable FUT 20 Ones To Watch Player item.
FIFA 20 arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 19, 2019. EA Access and Origin Access members will be able to play up to 10 hours as part of the Play First Trial.