After being announced back in September of last year, Ubisoft finally showcased their latest title Assassins Creed Mirage today during PlayStation’s Showcase. Fans of the series have been waiting for more information about this game on the edge of their seats since the game is supposedly meant to return the series to its classic roots.
Though Ubisoft’s last three Assassin’s Creed titles were amazing, fans have been missing the classic style of gameplay from the series. The open-world craziness is of course fun, but there was something special about the first two AC titles and Mirage is looking to bring back the huge stealth aspect of of the series.
As the months go on, make sure to check back here to get more news the title and check the trailer and game information out below!
- The new trailer follows Basim, guided by his fellow Hidden Ones, leveraging his tools and skills to track down and eliminate his targets. One of the most agile and resourceful Assassins in franchise history, Basim’s singular playstyle emphasizes stealth and deadly assassination techniques, featuring new abilities such as the Assassin’s Focus which allows him to mark and assassinate several enemies in a row. Additionally, the gameplay footage showcases the vibrant city of Baghdad, whose density and verticality provide plenty of opportunity for players to exploit Basim’s Parkour abilities and swiftly approach their objectives.
- With development led* by Ubisoft Bordeaux, the studio behind the Wrath of the Druids expansion for Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla, Assassin’s Creed Mirage is an homage to the series, and a particularly special tribute to the first Assassin’s Creed. Inviting players to immerse themselves in a magnificent ninth-century Baghdad at the peak of its Golden Age, Assassin’s Creed: Mirage offers a condensed, narrative-driven action-adventure experience with a modern take on the parkour, stealth, and assassinations gameplay elements that have defined the franchise for over fifteen years.
- In this pivotal moment of History, players will become Basim Ibn Is’haq, a young thief with a mysterious past who joins the Hidden Ones in Alamut on a quest for answers. Basim will be voiced by two talented actors: Lee Madjoub for the VO and Eyad Nassar for the Arabic version, as Assassin’s Creed: Mirage is the first Assassin’s Creed game to release worldwide with full Arabic localization, including text and voice. They are joining the incredible Mirage cast with Shohreh Aghdashloo, who will voice Roshan, Basim’s mentor in the Hidden ones.
- Starting today, Assassin’s Creed: Mirage will be available for pre-order on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and Amazon Luna, as well as on Windows PC through the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. Players can also subscribe to Ubisoft+ to access the game at launch. Pre-orders are available for the Assassin’s Creed: Mirage standard edition, as well as the as the Assassin’s Creed Mirage Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Case**:
- Fans who pre-order*** Assassin’s Creed Mirage will receive an exclusive bonus quest at launch called The Forty Thieves, where players will uncover the mysteries of Ali Baba’s legendary cave.