This year marks the 25th anniversary of one of gaming’s greatest fighting franchises to ever grace the arcades and home consoles…Street Fighter. You had to know that Capcom wasn’t going to let this milestone go unnoticed, so today they’ve announced they’ll be releasing an uber Anniversary collector’s edition for fans.
If you consider yourself a hardcore fan of Street Fighter, or just fighting games in general, this new collector’s edition looks like it’s going to be a must-own item. It’s coming packed with a ton of stuff, and will be available on September 18, 2012 for $149.99. Sure that seems kind of steep right now, but once you take a look at all of the stuff that’s offered in this set…it’s actually pretty reasonable.
I won’t go over everything (I’ve got the press release posted below with the full details), but the highlights include all of the previously playable SF games for the current systems (Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition) and even includes Street Fighter x Tekken, with all of the DLC packs from all the titles with DLC! On top of that you’ve got a blu-ray with a documentary on the series and the two anime movies, the non-anime animated film, and a few episodes from the a cartoon show.
There’s a ton more that comes in it as well, all with a certificate of authenticity, but I’ll let the press release show you all of that:
Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the limited edition Street Fighter®25th Anniversary Collector’s Set, which will be available in North America on Sept. 18, 2012 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A hyper combo-powered milestone, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary festivities will continue throughout 2012 (“The Year of the Dragon”) and will include the Collector’s Set and a series of high stakes global tournaments with over a half million dollars in support, the highest the fighting game community has ever witnessed.
Honoring one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set is a must – have for Street Fighter® video game aficionados. Created as a celebration and tribute to its fans, the limited edition set is individually numbered and jam-packed with Street Fighter games, video, art, music, and exclusive collectibles. The items are housed in a specially created chest complete with a certificate of authenticity.
The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Yeah…I’m not even a big fighting game fan (I’m truly awful at playing them), and I still want to get my hands on this thing! So who’s planning on picking this up?