Review Detail

Im_Thinking_Of_Ending_Things_poster-scaled
Movies JM Jordan Maison
Cerebral and Unsettling, I’m Thinking of Ending Things Still Doesn't Hit the Mark
Overall rating 

Entertainment Value 

Story/Writing 

Performance (Acting) 

Direction 

Production 

Overall, I’m Thinking of Ending Things is a film I desperately wanted to love more than I did. I enjoy the ideas and the acting is superb. Both Buckley and Plemons deliver on incredible performances I’ll be thinking about for a while.

There are elements of greatness in the film, and it’s lovingly crafted...Yet it doesn’t quite pull it together by the end. It’s even more problematic considering the ideas that intrigue me most rely on knowledge of events in the novel to make sense in the film. For those watching it without that background, it seems hopelessly lost in its own thoughts. 

I’m Thinking of Ending Things sits at a weird juxtaposition for me. Despite not particularly caring for it once the credits rolled, I find myself unable to stop thinking about it. It’s fascinating in many ways, yet I find it hard to recommend to others. Even by Kaufman standards it’s a bit too esoteric, but certainly succeeds in making you think. 
JM
#1 Reviewer 344 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 1

Comments