The second trailer has been released for Suzume no Tojimari, Makoto Shinkai’s first film in three years.
Ahead of the film’s release in November, the second trailer has been released for Suzume no Tojimari (Suzume’s Door-Locking), the first film from director Makoto Shinkai in three years. This trailer teases a huge adventure that appears to stretch across Japan as our heroine must close a series of doors…or face horrific consequences.
Check it out below:
Along with this trailer came additional casting announcements. These include:
- Eri Fukatsu as Tamaki Iwato, Suzume’s aunt with whom Suzume has lived since she was young. Tamaki works at a fishing cooperative.
- Matsumoto Hakuo II as Hitsujirō Munakata, Sōta’s grandfather who taught Sōta how to close doors.
- Shota Sometani as Minoru Okabe, Tamaki’s co-worker in the fishing cooperative.
- Sairi Ito as Rumi Ninomiya, a single mother raising twins. She meets Suzume while hitchhiking in Kobe.
- Kotone Hanase as Chika Amabe, a lively girl that Suzume meets in Ehime.
- Kana Hanazawa as Tsubame Iwato, Suzume’s mother.
Suzume no Tojimari is scheduled to be released in Japan on November 11, 2022 and will be released worldwide in early 2023.