Sabotage Studio will release Sea of Stars, a turn-based RPG, in the summer of 2023 and it looks really cool.
A video promoting the release of Sea of Stars, an upcoming turn-based RPG, was released by Sabotage Studio earlier today. The game is based on classic RPGs of years past, complete with a retro art style. What’s really cool about this video is that it features the game’s composer Yasunori Mitsuda. Not only does Mitsuda talk briefly about his process for working on the game’s music, but we’re also given a sneak peek at the gameplay as he does so.
Check it out in the video below:
Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG inspired by the classics. It tells the story of two Children of the Solstice who will combine the powers of the sun and moon to perform Eclipse Magic, the only force capable of fending off the monstrous creations of the evil alchemist known as The Fleshmancer.
- Dynamic Combat - With every encounter harboring threats deadly to the careless tactician, victory demands sharp timing, anticipation, and pre-emptive counters to ultra powerful attacks.
- Engaging Exploration – Climb, dive, swim and leap across a lush world brimming with life and hidden secrets, enjoying the journey between battles as much as the action itself.
- Gripping Story – Become acquainted with six playable characters with rich backstories, personalities, and varied motives as the mysteries of a troubled world come to light.
- All Fun, No Tedium – Enjoy combat without fear of hitting a wall and having to grind for experience or items; in Sea of Stars, defeat requires a change in battle plans, not hours of repetition to better the odds in a rematch.
- Rich Universe – A sprawling, lively land, Sea of Stars‘ hosting region can be enjoyed as a standalone story or a supplemental adventure for fans of The Messenger.
- Radiant Lighting – Dynamic light effects pairs with a world-influencing day / night cycle to make every area feel truly alive, pushing the traditional visual limits of classically-styled 2D pixel-art games; the only way to properly tell the story of heroes conjuring the powers of the Sun and the Moon.
Sea of Stars doesn’t have an exact release date just yet, but it is expected in the summer of 2023. Will you be picking it up?