Just in time for the holidays, a complete Blu-ray collection featuring all eight seasons of Game of Thrones in a swanky boxset, with all new special features.
Game of Thrones has finally come to an end, but you’ll be able to relive the journey thanks to a new collectible boxset that brings together all eight seasons in a REALLY cool looking shadow box. The set will launch on December 3, 2019 with a handful of exclusive bonus features for fans to dive into:
Rally the realm on December 3rd as HBO is releasing all eight epic seasons of one of the most talked about programs in TV history with Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection, an ultra-premium, limited-edition Blu-ray set. This must-have collectible exclusively features Game of Thrones: Reunion Special, a two-part reunion show with cast members from the final season including Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner and more, as well as previously departed fan-favorites like Sean Bean, Jason Momoa, Mark Addy and others. Hosted by Emmy®-award winning host Conan O’Brien, the reunion was shot in front of a live audience in Belfast and includes segments of footage from both the show and behind-the-scenes, highlighting a variety of topics that are sure to captivate fans.
Additional bonus content includes all-new deleted and extended scenes, animated histories and lore pieces, fascinating behind-the-scene featurettes, audio commentaries and the documentary featured on DVD in two parts, Game of Thrones: The Last Watch, by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection is packaged in a visually stunning wooden shadow box case, featuring beautiful, multi-layered panel designs by Robert Ball (the artist behind the “Beautiful Death” series) that summarize the Game of Thrones story. Each season is represented by a different layer, showcasing iconic characters and memorable moments from the show, all clambering toward the Iron Throne. The set also contains a “Hand of the King” pin clasp, which holds all nine custom plated disc sleeves.
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
If you already have the previous seasons on Blu-ray (or the last boxset they launched), Game of Thrones Season 8 will be available on 4K/Blu-ray/DVD in a standalone format on December 3rd as well. Will you be picking this up?