Halloween Ends has finally arrived on home video and I’m here to let you know if it’s worth checking out.
While Halloween Ends didn’t exactly blow me away when it came out in theaters, I still felt an obligation to check out the film again when it came out on home video to see if the 4K UHD release made picking up the film worthwhile.
The 4K UHD release of Halloween Ends released on December 27 and is loaded with a variety of special features. While it doesn’t include an extended cut of the film like the release of Halloween Kills did, it does include a selection of deleted and extended scenes that give a better idea of what the filmmakers were going for when they made the film. Seeing the crew explain their thought process about how Halloween Ends was made does help somewhat with understanding why the film turned out the way it does, though personally the ending of the film still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
You can see the full list of bonus features below:
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Michael Shakes Things Up
- Joan’s Bunny Slam
- Corey Reflects Upon Himself
- Ronald’s Stuck at Work
- Margo Gets the Boot
- Joan’s Recipe for Disaster
- Ending HALLOWEEN – HALLOWEEN could never truly end without a decisive showdown between Laurie and Michael. Explore the creative team’s approach to crafting the film’s final sequence.
- Final Girl – The iconic Jamie Lee Curtis discusses the legacy of Laurie Strode and what playing the character has meant to her.
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal some of the secret ingredients that make HALLOWEEN productions so special and their personal feelings on being a part of such a classic franchise.
- Gag Reel
- A Different Threat – As Haddonfield evolves to a new era, we examine how the evil within has also evolved.
- The Visions of Terror – See how various production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique visual style.
- Twisted Deaths – An up-close look at some of the gruesome death scenes.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, co-producer/first assistant director Atilla Salih Yücer, and production assistant Hugo Garza
If you’re interested in keeping your Halloween collection complete, or at least in completing the new Halloween trilogy, then the 4K UHD disc for Halloween Ends is worth picking up.