Back in 2016, Italian video game developer 34BigThings launched their debut title “Redout” on PC to a overwhelmingly positive reception for players. It released as a racing game within the same vein of the likes of classic racers like F-Zero, Wipeout, and so on.
Next month, 34BigThings will release the prequel for the racing epic with the arcade space shooter Redout: Space Assault. Today, they launched a new trailer with the official January 22, 2021 release date for console and PC.
A prequel to the original game, Redout: Space Assault is a single-player sci-fi shooter that takes the best features of the series — fast, epic pacing, high-skill gameplay and eye-popping aesthetics — and combines them with new weapons and spaceflight mechanics. Featuring full vehicle customization and a wide variety of missions that will keep you on the edge of your seat, Redout: Space Assault delivers intense action with engaging roguelike elements across astonishing space battlegrounds.
Redout: Space Assault is set to launch on console and PC with a bevy of features, including:
- Career Mode: Learn every skill you need to survive and triumph in the Redout universe.
- Thriving Worlds: Experience exotic locations and epic battles beyond every frontier.
- Deep Gameplay: Manifest your tactical superiority by putting your quick thinking, dexterity and adaptability to the test.
- Bigger, Badder Weapons: A vast array of weapons is at your disposal, from Plasma Cannons and Shock Rays to Railguns, Air-to-Air Missiles, and Load-up Gatlings.
- Customize Your Ride: Upgrade your spaceship to blast enemies by the dozens or single-handedly take on a Destroyer Warship! Drop and swap Cards to improve specific aspects of your ship and better fit your style.
- Music for Your Ears: An entirely dynamic soundtrack that drops ever-sicker beats as the action heats up!
Redout: Space Assault will release on January 22, 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. The game is out now on Apple Arcade.